SACC elections, meetings, and drugs

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2009
      Congratulations to George Rodgers for winning a unanimous decision. I now vote that only those who voted get a discount on the 2010 meeting fees. Let's say $10 off. I voted for George 30 times, so unless the meeting fees are over $300, SACC now owes me money.

      As for the location of the 2010 meeting, anywhere George decides will be good, even in his house. How about it George? You've done it before. I was there. One of the best SACC meetings ever....home-cooked food, a well-stocked bar, and you playing some wind instrument.

      Or....how about a five day bus tour, with a big sign on the side that says "Anthropologists Gone Wild"?

      By the way....what do cultural anthropologists do in June for fun? I'm starting to wind down my annual archaeology field project. I really have a drug theme going on this year, excavating a newly-discovered historic, multi-ethnic, logging camp in a forest, from 100 year old opium pipes to evidence of a very recent marijuana operation. I suspect the growers are in the tree tops waiting for us to leave.