SACC Meetings

  • broruprecht@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 12, 2009
      I must have missed the latest. Where in Calif are the 2010 meetings going to be held?
      George Thomas

      FW: SACC Election Results
          Posted by: "Gilliland, Mary" mkgilliland@... sunny_hvar
          Date: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 am ((PDT))

      Dear colleagues:

      George Rodgers has been unanimously elected President-elect of SACC, with 100% of the votes cast.

      George, thank you for stepping up to this responsibility.  I'm sure we are all looking forward to the meetings next year in California, and to your leadership.

      Best regards,
      Mary K. Gilliland and Maren Wilson,
      Co-Presidents, SACC 2008-9

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12, 2009
        HI All,
        According to George, the meeting next year will be in San Francisco on Fisherman's Wharf. Literally, on the wharf, so dress accordingly.

        http://www.visitfishermanswharf.com/

        Ok, so really it will be at the Radisson Hotel on the wharf, across from all the wharf restaurants and Pier 39. The hotel sits right on the Embarcadero (great walks along the Bay), in the midst of all the action, down the street from that great Ghirardelli Ice Cream parlor we went to last time we had you all over for a meeting:

        http://www.ghirardellisq.com/ghirardellisq/food.php?id=16

        George will send everyone the hotel info etc. when he sends out the official announcement and info about the meeting. (I don't know when that will be - my guess is that we wait until everyone gets back from summer vacation.)

        Bob, I am going to bring the bar to you!!! -  and I'll cook up a reception for Weds. 3/17. Hmm - that date. It sounds familiar. Oh wait! It's St. Patrick's Day!!!! In San Francisco!!!!! Forget you guys....

        Ok, ok - George tells me I can go out after we have registration. So, plan on George in a skirt with his bagpipes instead of a flute - and, as always, good beer and tons of fun.

        The program is not complete yet, so you will all have to wait for that. In the meantime, mark March 17-20, 2010 on your calendars NOW. And, tell all your friends. No downtown hotel for us. We are partying on the wharf - talk to a sea lion, watch a street performer. Heck, be a street performer!

        We were in SF yesterday, and, sure enough, we turned a corner and found ourselves facing a double decker tourist bus on the wharf - with an archaeologist and former classmate or ours as the tour guide, wearing his Indiana Jones hat and telling tall tales of early California.

        I can't wait.

        Jo

            Posted by: "Gilliland, Mary" mkgilliland@ pima.edu sunny_hvar

        This is to let you know that the elections are now over, and the results have been certified by the AAA Secretary, Dan Segal. Please remember that AAA does not contact the candidates, this is the Section's responsibility. These results will be made public on the AAA website in August and will be printed in the September AN. Please let me know if you have any questions.

        So here are the results.
        Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges

        PRESIDENT 1-year term

        (Total 31 responses)

        George P. Rodgers

        100.00% - (31 votes)

        Best,

        Kim

        Kimberley Baker
        Section Liaison & Governance Associate
        American Anthropological Association
        kbaker@aaanet. org<mailto:kbaker@aaanet. org>

      • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12, 2009
          Sounds great! So, should we dress like sea lions or seals?
          Ellen J

          ________________________________

          http://www.visitfishermanswharf.com/ <http://www.visitfishermanswharf.com/>

          http://www.ghirardellisq.com/ghirardellisq/food.php?id=16 <http://www.ghirardellisq.com/ghirardellisq/food.php?id=16>

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 13, 2009
            Oh wow, Jo and George, is this exciting or what! Whenever I'm in SF,
            that's where I always try and walk to. Never thought I'd be staying
            right in the middle of the fun. Great choice--can hardly wait!

            Lloyd

            On Jun 12, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Jo Rainie wrote:

            > HI All,
            > According to George, the meeting next year will be in San Francisco
            > on Fisherman's Wharf. Literally, on the wharf, so dress accordingly.
            >
            > http://www.visitfishermanswharf.com/
            >
            > Ok, so really it will be at the Radisson Hotel on the wharf, across
            > from all the wharf restaurants and Pier 39. The hotel sits right on
            > the Embarcadero (great walks along the Bay), in the midst of all the
            > action, down the street from that great Ghirardelli Ice Cream parlor
            > we went to last time we had you all over for a meeting:
            >
            > http://www.ghirardellisq.com/ghirardellisq/food.php?id=16
            >
            > George will send everyone the hotel info etc. when he sends out the
            > official announcement and info about the meeting. (I don't know when
            > that will be - my guess is that we wait until everyone gets back
            > from summer vacation.)
            >
            > Bob, I am going to bring the bar to you!!! - and I'll cook up a
            > reception for Weds. 3/17. Hmm - that date. It sounds familiar. Oh
            > wait! It's St. Patrick's Day!!!! In San Francisco!!!!! Forget you
            > guys....
            >
            > Ok, ok - George tells me I can go out after we have registration.
            > So, plan on George in a skirt with his bagpipes instead of a flute -
            > and, as always, good beer and tons of fun.
            >
            > The program is not complete yet, so you will all have to wait for
            > that. In the meantime, mark March 17-20, 2010 on your calendars NOW.
            > And, tell all your friends. No downtown hotel for us. We are
            > partying on the wharf - talk to a sea lion, watch a street
            > performer. Heck, be a street performer!
            >
            > We were in SF yesterday, and, sure enough, we turned a corner and
            > found ourselves facing a double decker tourist bus on the wharf -
            > with an archaeologist and former classmate or ours as the tour
            > guide, wearing his Indiana Jones hat and telling tall tales of early
            > California.
            >
            > I can't wait.
            >
            > Jo
            >

            > --- On Fri, 6/12/09, broruprecht@... <broruprecht@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: broruprecht@... <broruprecht@...>
            > Subject: [SACC-L] SACC Meetings
            > To: sacc-l@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 7:11 AM
            >
            > I must have missed the latest. Where in Calif are the 2010 meetings
            > going to be held?
            > George Thomas
            >
            > FW: SACC Election Results
            > Posted by: "Gilliland, Mary" mkgilliland@ pima.edu sunny_hvar
            > Date: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:52 am ((PDT))
            >
            > Dear colleagues:
            >
            > George Rodgers has been unanimously elected President-elect of SACC,
            > with 100% of the votes cast.
            >
            > George, thank you for stepping up to this responsibility. I'm sure
            > we are all looking forward to the meetings next year in California,
            > and to your leadership.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Mary K. Gilliland and Maren Wilson,
            > Co-Presidents, SACC 2008-9

          • Dorothy Davis DDBRUNER
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 15, 2009
              We'll just be "Silkies".

              Dorothy Davis
              Anthropology Department
              UNCG
              Tel- 256-1099

              "Johnson, Ellen C. K." <Johnson@...>
              Sent by: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
              06/12/2009 11:22 PM
              Please respond to
              SACC-L@yahoogroups.com

              <SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>
              cc

              Subject
              RE: [SACC-L] SACC Meetings

            • dianne.chidester@gvltec.edu
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 15, 2009
                One of my favorite movies! I'd love to be a "silkie".

                From: broruprecht@... <mailto:broruprecht%40yahoo.com>
                <mailto:broruprecht%40yahoo.com> <
                broruprecht@... <mailto:broruprecht%40yahoo.com>
                <mailto:broruprecht%40yahoo.com> >
                To: sacc-l@yahoogroups.com <mailto:sacc-l%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:sacc-l%40yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 15, 2009
                  This is really for Laura Gonzalez, Mel, Maren, Autumn and George & Jo: I need to unload some SACC stuff! I have boxes of things in my house - mugs that were sent at the end of the meetings in DC, water bottles & bags from this meeting, AND t-shirts.

                  I am happy to get them sent, but I really do need to send fairly soon - I can't keep it all till next April - even if we could do some "sharing" that would be great - maybe some to George & Jo, some to Autumn who isn't that far from the next meeting site, and I could store a portion to send at the last minute, but right now it is either 4 or 5 big boxes.

                  Thanks all,
                  Mary Kay

                • Melvin Johnson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 21, 2009
                    Someone needs to inform the people doing anthropology news about the meeting dates so
                    that they may put it on their calendar for the next Anthropology News. Mel Johnson

                    ------- End of Original Message -------
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 21, 2009
                      Mel, I mentioned it to George several weeks ago and he said he'd do
                      it. George, let me know if you want me to do it (because, as my wife
                      reminds me) I have unlimited free time!
                      Lloyd

                    • grodgers@ohlone.edu
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 22, 2009
                        Hey Lloyd,
                        Man this was one of those oops things. It did slip my mind. I had it on my list to do but it went away like a lot of things tend to do these days. If you could I would really appreciate you doing your magic with AAA. Our meeting dates are March 17th through Saturday the 20th. Now that the AAA has finally signed the contract and sent it to the hotel, we can proceed with fine tuning the event. It took the AAA over 2 months to sign it. They amitted to Mel that SACC's contract went to the bottom of the pile.....thanks....geo

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 14, 2009
                          .

                          <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=126016/grpspId=1705079605/ms
                          gId=5203/stime=1245071693/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3> Hi, All!

                          I may have missed it, but do we a possible outline of possible
                          activities and cost for SACCfest 2010? I have to apply for spring money
                          now, in hopes that I'll get it.

                          Thanks!

                          Dianne

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 14, 2009
                            Yes, George and Laura and others in office: several colleagues are
                            asking to get info and forms to register, hotel info, dates and the
                            rest. If I can help with a flyer later, I would be glad to do so if you
                            get me the specific info. Mark

                            gId=5203/stime=1245071693/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3> Hi, All!

                            I may have missed it, but do we a possible outline of possible
                            activities and cost for SACCfest 2010? I have to apply for spring money
                            now, in hopes that I'll get it.

                            Thanks!

                            Dianne

                            reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. To the best
                            of our ability and knowledge, this mail message has been scanned and is
                            free of viruses and malware.