Good news!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2 11:55 AM
      Dear Colleagues,

      Diane Wilhelm called me yesterday after a communications hiatus of
      many months with the remarkable statement, "I'm cancer-free and
      regaining my strength!"

      A past-president of SACC, Diane has been Assistant Editor of SACC
      Notes for some years. Shortly after SACC's spring 2008 conference in
      DC, she was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. Surgery wasn't entirely
      successful and her main form of treatment was chemotherapy. She
      stayed with her son and his family in New York City during treatment
      (and, incidentally, wrote her retrospective on SACC's first 30 years
      for the fall 2008 issue by hand because she was too weak to type on a
      computer). Later, she resided at a nursing home for an extended
      period of recovery.

      Normally, we would chat on the phone at length occasionally, so when
      my communiques to her went unanswered, I began to fear the worst.
      Consequently, I was thrilled to hear her voice and above all the good
      news it brought. Diane is now at home, gets around on her own and has
      in fact resumed much of her post-retirement life, which includes
      painting, writing poetry and editing poetry collections. With her
      strength regained, she may even attend the AAA meetings in
      Philadelphia in the fall and will continue her editorial duties with
      SACC.

      Diane, welcome back!

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2 1:26 PM
        It is always good to hear a story like this.
        Deborah

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2 2:23 PM
          It is wonderful that Diane is on the mend and cancer free. She is a
          great person and deserves the best.

          Chuck Ellenbaum ><>