RE: [SACC-L] Survey & Meeting Site

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 20, 2009
      From my conversations with him at the meeting.I don't think George is on the
      list! Does someone have his e-mail address and can let him in on the
      discussion?

      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
      <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
      <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.
      <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
      From: Dianne C <dianneky@hotmail. <mailto:dianneky%40hotmail.com> com>
      Subject: [SACC-L] Survey & Meeting Site
      To: sacc-l@yahoogroups. <mailto:sacc-l%40yahoogroups.com> com
      Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 6:21 AM

      The linked worked!

      However, I want to make a comment about where to have the next meeting
      (Sacramento/Berekely).

      I have been in SACC for about 14 years now (OMG!) and it has always been
      up
      the President as to where the meetings will be held. I did ask for and
      got
      comments from folks, but ultimately it was entirely my decision. Some of
      you
      might be interested to know that there were people who were very unhappy
      with
      Savannah, GA as the selected site. (Too far, too hard to get to, too
      expensive,
      too small, too far south, too hot, nothing really to do, no
      university...)

      My feeling is this, if you want to have a committee organize the
      meetings,
      then
      organize a committee. Otherwise, take the chance of seeing someplace you
      perhaps wouldn't see otherwise and trust the person who has volunteered
      for
      election to organize the meetings.

      I'll have a roll of pennies to give each of you my $.02 wherever we
      meet.

      Cheers!

      Dianne Chidester

      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
      From: ltgonzalez@cox. <mailto:ltgonzalez%40cox.net> net
      Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:54:50 +0000
      Subject: [SACC-L] SACC Survey

      If you can't get on the Groups site to find the "Links" and click
      there on the SACC 2009 Survey, then you can *send me an e-mail directly*
      and
      I'll be glad to send you the link.

      Ltgonzalez@cox. <mailto:Ltgonzalez%40cox.net> net

      It seems to work that way. I have no idea why it's not working this way!

      http://www.surveymo
      <http://www.surveymo
      <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=aA_2fvDMou33EzoMjrT5ei8Q_3d_3d>
      nkey.com/s.aspx?sm=aA_2fvDMou33EzoMjrT5ei8Q_3d_3d>
      nkey.com/s.aspx?sm=aA_2fvDMou33EzoMjrT5ei8Q_3d_3d

      Here it is again just in case...

      Laura

      Windows LiveT: Life without walls.
      http://windowslive.
      <http://windowslive.
      <http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1b_explore_04200>
      com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1b_explore_04200
      9>
      com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1b_explore_042009

    • mep1mep
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 20, 2009
        I am new to the group so I have nothing to compare it to but I had a great time in Tucson.  I thought the weather was invigorating and the conversation and companionship special and fulfilling.  Just my 2 cents--maybe we can reach a whole dollar.

        Pam

        ________________________________

        From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com> com

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
          George's email is grodgers@...

          ________________________________

          From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com> com

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
            It is, but my messages to him have been returned several times. I
            rerouted them through his wife, Jo, at jo_rainie@....
            Lloyd

            On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:19 AM, Kaupp, Ann wrote:

            > George's email is grodgers@...
            >

            > ________________________________

          • jo_rainie
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
              Hey everybody out in SACC -Land. This is a test to see if I'm really
              out in cyberspace or just spaced out. I ttied to sign on to the list
              serve and it comes back and says that permission to join has not been
              approved yet or some BS like that. Talking about BS. Mel, Autumn and I
              got an earful about Sacramento being the possible site for our next
              meeting when we were in the bar going over financials. (you know who you
              are)! Well this sort of started a groundswell of either opposition to or
              a concern over this location. "There's no direct flights, It costs to
              much to fly there, What's there besides the "Governator",stuff like
              this. Well needless to say, this kind of behavior gave me pause and kind
              of surprized me. I said to myself, Geo, what the hells goin on heah
              (boston accent for here), so I said...screw it....I'll just quit and
              let the complainers put the meeting together themselves...I sure as hell
              don't need this defication. ....Then I realized after to talking to and
              receiving emails from past presidents and folks who have put these
              meetings on in the past that some of our SACC friends on only love wine
              but they love to WHINE as well. So with some help from my friends like
              Rob, Autumn our new incoming treas. past pres. and my cornerstone Jo,
              I can promise you all a great time in a location that will fit our
              dwindling budgets, foster local participation and be a great learning
              experience. Now I hope this damn thing gets out to all of you........I
              love being in SACC and you guys are a bunch of great people. That
              includes the international contingent as well.....Muck the Bruins are up
              by 3 games......geo
              --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> wrote:

              > It is, but my messages to him have been returned several times. I
              > rerouted them through his wife, Jo, at jo_rainie@...
              > Lloyd
              >

              > On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:19 AM, Kaupp, Ann wrote:
              >

              > > George's email is grodgers@...
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • Gilliland, Mary
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
                George: Thank you and Jo for sticking with this! It will be a great meeting.

                I would love to be any help I can possibly be, as well as a one-person cheering section (I know there will be others though - including my co-pres/co-dependent Maren Wilson).

                Love the Boston accent... even in cyber-space.

                Mary Kay Gilliland

                (Maren and I are going to put together a consolidated list of words of wisdom from various past-presidents & organizers and add our 2 cents - maybe that adds up to 4 cents between us - )

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
                  You came through loud and clear here, Jo. You guys pick wherever you
                  want and I'll be there!
                  Lloyd

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
                    I think this was George, not Jo... :)
                    You came through loud and clear here, Jo. You guys pick wherever you
                    want and I'll be there!
                    Lloyd

                    On Apr 21, 2009, at 3:01 PM, jo_rainie wrote:

                    > Hey everybody out in SACC -Land. This is a test to see if I'm really
                    > out in cyberspace or just spaced out. I ttied to sign on to the list
                    > serve and it comes back and says that permission to join has not been
                    > approved yet or some BS like that. Talking about BS. Mel, Autumn and I
                    > got an earful about Sacramento being the possible site for our next
                    > meeting when we were in the bar going over financials. (you know who
                    > you
                    > are)! Well this sort of started a groundswell of either opposition
                    > to or
                    > a concern over this location. "There's no direct flights, It costs to
                    > much to fly there, What's there besides the "Governator",stuff like
                    > this. Well needless to say, this kind of behavior gave me pause and
                    > kind
                    > of surprized me. I said to myself, Geo, what the hells goin on heah
                    > (boston accent for here), so I said...screw it....I'll just quit and
                    > let the complainers put the meeting together themselves...I sure as
                    > hell
                    > don't need this defication. ....Then I realized after to talking to
                    > and
                    > receiving emails from past presidents and folks who have put these
                    > meetings on in the past that some of our SACC friends on only love
                    > wine
                    > but they love to WHINE as well. So with some help from my friends like
                    > Rob, Autumn our new incoming treas. past pres. and my cornerstone Jo,
                    > I can promise you all a great time in a location that will fit our
                    > dwindling budgets, foster local participation and be a great learning
                    > experience. Now I hope this damn thing gets out to all of you........I
                    > love being in SACC and you guys are a bunch of great people. That
                    > includes the international contingent as well.....Muck the Bruins
                    > are up
                    > by 3 games......geo
                    > --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com<mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>, Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > It is, but my messages to him have been returned several times. I
                    > > rerouted them through his wife, Jo, at jo_rainie@...
                    > > Lloyd
                    > >

                    > > On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:19 AM, Kaupp, Ann wrote:
                    > >

                    > > > George's email is grodgers@...

                  • kent morris
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
                      you're so cute...

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 21, 2009
                        Jo,,, I was one who wondered about Sacramento, then heard from Diane about respecting the leader willing to do the plan...and I wrote to the SACC-L my support, then we got lots more, but no sound from you or George, so I then LAURA ASKED FOR YOU-ALL TO BE HEARD, SO PLEASE ACCEPT ALL OF OUR APOLOGIES AND SUPPORT...yikes. Go Bears?