MENU Feedback for SACC-fest

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 25, 2009
      Dear all:

      In preparation for our upcoming meetings in Tucson, I need a general idea regarding food choices.

      Please respond to the following questions, directly to me - or to the listserve if you want to "share". My e-mail is mkgilliland@...<mailto:mkgilliland@...> Thanks!

      Lunch on Thursday:

      We will have a sandwich lunch on Thursday in the hotel. The main sandwich will be turkey with boursin cheese (creamy, slightly garlicky), and will have bacon on the sandwich. ** I need to know if anyone would like to have
      1) Bacon omitted
      2) Entirely veggie or vegan option instead (let me know if it is vegan instead of veggie, so we can also omit the cheese if needed and do something different on a croissant)

      Desert Museum on Saturday:

      First - instead of dinner at the Desert Museum, we are now having lunch, and dinner at another location (which will be a buffet and will accommodate all food preferences). For the Desert Museum lunch, we will have "sandwich wraps", with a drink, chips and cookie.

      Please let me know your preference for your sandwich:

      Ham & Swiss
      Turkey & Cheddar
      Chicken Salad
      Veggie (probably grilled veggies - again let me know if we are also omitting cheese, just in case)

      THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP with this! Those of you who have students or other colleagues who are attending and are not on our listserve, try to solicit responses and send back.
      I'll "guestimate" for those who do not respond (a percentage vegetarian, etc.)

      Mary Kay GillilandPima Community College, West Campus
      2202 West Anklam Road
      Tucson, Arizona 85709-0215
      Tel: (520) 206-6763 Fax: (520) 206-6902
      E-Mail: mkgilliland@...

      Mission: To Develop our Community Through Learning

    • Gilliland, Mary
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 25, 2009
        Thanks to those of you responding. I'm logging in the preferences. Keep the answers coming.

        If you are o.k. with what is planned, and don't have a PARTICULAR preference for Saturday lunch, I'll order a variety for what ever I don't get responses to (if this makes sense), but I do appreciate the feedback.

        Mary Kay

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 25, 2009
          one vote for no garlic (allergic), anything else is ok by me...grilled veggies with or without cheese!

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 25, 2009
            I'll try to work with the no garlic-- shouldn't be a big problem (keep the cheese off should do it).

            Thanks, Mark (and what about Sally?, or is this for both of you?)

            Please respond to the following questions, directly to me - or to the listserve if you want to "share". My e-mail is mkgilliland@...<mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu><mailto:mkgilliland@...<mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu>> Thanks!

[...]

            E-Mail: mkgilliland@...<mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu>

            Mission: To Develop our Community Through Learning

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009
              Sally is just no peppers or she just picks them out, no big thing...and
              no shell fish.

              I'll try to work with the no garlic-- shouldn't be a big problem (keep
              the cheese off should do it).

              Thanks, Mark (and what about Sally?, or is this for both of you?)
              one vote for no garlic (allergic), anything else is ok by me...grilled
              veggies with or without cheese!
              In preparation for our upcoming meetings in Tucson, I need a general
              idea regarding food choices.

              Please respond to the following questions, directly to me - or to the
              listserve if you want to "share". My e-mail is mkgilliland@...
              <mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu>
              <mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu><mailto:mkgilliland@...
              <mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu> <mailto:mkgilliland%40pima.edu>> Thanks!

[...]

            • Philip Stein
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009
                Wait a minute! What's wrong with garlic! Garlic is good!!! Let's not get too bland.

                Phil

                From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                [SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com> ] On Behalf Of

                Mark Lewine [mlewine@wowway. com <mailto:mlewine% 40wowway. com> ]

                Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:12 PM

                To: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                one vote for no garlic (allergic), anything else is ok by me...grilled

                veggies with or without cheese!

                In preparation for our upcoming meetings in Tucson, I need a general

                idea regarding food choices.

                Please respond to the following questions, directly to me - or to the

                listserve if you want to "share". My e-mail is mkgilliland@ pima.edu

                <mailto:mkgilliland %40pima.edu>

                <mailto:mkgilliland %40pima.edu> <mailto:mkgilliland@ pima.edu

                E-Mail: mkgilliland@ pima.edu <mailto:mkgilliland %40pima.edu>

                <mailto:mkgilliland %40pima.edu>

                Mission: To Develop our Community Through Learning

                03/25/09 07:16:00

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009
                  All I need is a non-garlic option...love it, but it does not love
                  me...and its rejection becomes painful for those around me if you get my
                  drift

                  From: Lewine, Mark <mark.lewine@...
                  <mailto:mark.lewine%40tri-c.edu> >
                  To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 10:19 AM

                  From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                  Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:12 PM

                  To: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009
                    garlic makes the world go 'round...
                    > Wait a minute! What's wrong with garlic! Garlic is good!!! Let's not get
                    > too bland.
                    >
                    > Phil

                  • Philip Stein
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 26, 2009
                      From one of my favorite resturants - www.thestinkingrose.com/pdf/menu-la.pdf

                      --- On Thu, 3/26/09, Lewine, Mark <mark.lewine@ tri-c.edu
                      From: Lewine, Mark <mark.lewine@ tri-c.edu
                      <mailto:mark. lewine%40tri- c.edu> >
                      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>
                      Date: Thursday, March 26, 2009, 10:19 AM

                      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                      Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:12 PM

                      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 27, 2009
                        Phil, thanks for that. It's one of my favorite restaurants too.
                        Makes my mouth water just to think of it!
                        LLoyd

                        On Mar 26, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Philip Stein wrote:

                        > www.thestinkingrose.com/pdf/menu-la.pdf

                      • mep1mep
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 29, 2009
                          Sorry to reply late.  I have had the flu.  Yech.  I can eat anything.  The standard sandwhich is fine for my on Thursday and Ham and Swiss for Saturday.

                          Thanks,

                          Pam
                          Pamela A. Maack.

                          ________________________________
                          In preparation for our upcoming meetings in Tucson, I need a general idea regarding food choices.

                          Please respond to the following questions, directly to me - or to the listserve if you want to "share". My e-mail is mkgilliland@ pima.edu<mailto:mkgilliland@ pima.edu> Thanks!

[...]

                          E-Mail: mkgilliland@ pima.edu

                          Mission: To Develop our Community Through Learning

                        • Linda Light
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 31, 2009
                            Mary,
                            The default menus are fine with me.