AAA meeting - SACC online ed roundtable

  • Jo Rainie
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
      Hi All,

      I am organizing a SACC roundtable for the AAA meetings this year on online ed. in anthropology.  This roundtable will be an extension of our Tuscon meeting discussion on this topic.

      We still have room on the panel for two more people, should any of you want to join our lively group. Love it or hate it, if you would like to talk about online education, this is the roundtable for you.

      Let me know if you would like to join us. The deadline for submitting our form to AAA is April 1 (next Weds.).

      Jo

    • Gilliland, Mary
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2009
        Jo: I might be interested in joining in.

        Mary Kay Gilliland

      • Jo Rainie
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
          Hi Mary Kay,
          Let me know if you would like to participate. It is a roundtable - so there are no papers involved. We are just talking about online ed and I figured we'd see how our discussion goes in Tucson and then divide up topics.  We either do short little talks with questions, or possibly longer ones with a discussion session. AAA will put it on the program the way they want, but it doesn't really matter. We can design the time slot in a way that works well for us.

          Jo

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2009
            I would love to do it!

          • Nikki Ives
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 29, 2009
              Hi Jo -

              I just want to make absolute sure we're on for the AAA before I pay the registration fee.
              Also, is there anything I need to do when registering to indicate participation in this panel?

              Thanks!
              Nicole

              ________________________________
              Let me know if you would like to participate. It is a roundtable - so there are no papers involved. We are just talking about online ed and I figured we'd see how our discussion goes in Tucson and then divide up topics. We either do short little talks with questions, or possibly longer ones with a discussion session. AAA will put it on the program the way they want, but it doesn't really matter. We can design the time slot in a way that works well for us.

              Jo

              Jo: I might be interested in joining in.

              Mary Kay Gilliland

            • mep1mep
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 29, 2009
                Ditto,

                Pam

                ________________________________

                ____________ _________ _________ __

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 29, 2009
                  SACC will pay for your registration if you're presenting. You'll need to
                  send in your abstracts before April 1st to the AAA after the session is
                  registered.

                  I'm sure Mel will chime in here about registration for presenters.

                  Laura

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 30, 2009
                    Really? How does that work?

                    I was going to pay today but I'll wait to hear more about this.

                    Thank you,
                    Nicole

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 30, 2009
                      We are set with the online ed rountable. There is only one abstract - the one I sent out to everyone last week.

                      Do check with Mel - I had not heard about SACC paying registration for presenters.

                      Jo