RE: [SACC-L] Summer Institute in Museum Anthropology at theSmithsonian

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
      I forgot that attachments won't attach on the listserve. Go to the
      website for more info. Ann

      ________________________________

      From: "Kaupp, Ann" <kauppa@... <mailto:kauppa%40si.edu> >
      To: "SACC" <SACC-L@... <mailto:SACC-L%40Yahoogroups.com> >
      Date: 2/4/2009 2:45 PM
      Subject: [SACC-L] Summer Institute in Museum Anthropology at the
      Smithsonian

      Candace Greene at the National Museum of Natural History asked me to
      post the announcement below. Please use the attached flyer to post the
      information in your department or office to alert students to this
      wonderful opportunity, which covers tuition and living expenses for 12
      participants. See http://anthropology.si.edu/summerinstitute.
      <http://anthropology.si.edu/summerinstitute.>

      ******************

      Dear Colleagues -

      I am pleased to announce a new research training initiative being
      launched by the Smithsonian Department of Anthropology with support
      (pending) from the National Science Foundation.

      The Summer Institute in Museum Anthropology is an intensive four-week
      training program that will teach graduate students how to use museum
      collections in research, incorporating Smithsonian collections as an
      integral part of their anthropological training. Support from the
      Cultural Anthropology Program at NSF will cover full tuition and living
      expenses for 12 students each summer.

      Please help us get the word out on this program, which will begin in
      June 2009 and is already accepting applications. Attached is a flyer
      that can be printed or forwarded to students who might be interested.
      Full information including application instructions and dates is
      available at http://anthropology.si.edu/summerinstitute.
      <http://anthropology.si.edu/summerinstitute.>

      Candace Greene

      Director, Summer Institute in Museum Anthropology

      Ethnologist, Collections and Archives Program

      Department of Anthropology

      National Museum of Natural History

      Smithsonian Institution

      P. Ann Kaupp, Head