Re: [SACC-L] Fw: CCATP in Crisis

  • Rob Edwards
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2009
      As most of you know I have retired and Dustin McKenzie was
      hired to fill my position. Unfortunately he is low on the
      totem pool and has been left totally out of the discussion
      although
      scheduling actions by lower level administrators (such as
      the
      Chair of Anthro.) have given indications that the future
      was
      not bright. I have been removed from most of the Cabrillo
      email lists by the Anthro Chair and the Div. Dean and did
      not know about the latest descision until my return from a
      very enjoyable January visit to Egypt.
      I would appreciate any response possible from SACC members
      .
      Please send comments to Prsident, Dr. Brian King, VP
      Instruction,Dr Renee Kilmer and Dean Rock Pfotenhauer.
      The point is that they don't understand what vocational
      archaeology is all about (and the cost of competentcy based
      training)or the numbers of jobs in CRM for which our
      completers are so well trained. There is also no
      understanding of CRM work and relationbships to such things
      as as stimulus plans. It would also be useful to indicate
      how other community colleges use this Program as a model or
      a as a destination for your students who are interested in
      Archaeology.
      Please copy Dustin, dusty@... and blind copy me at
      robedwardsaacc@... my new email.