RE: [SACC-L] more Darwin

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2009
      An added suggestion for those wishing to put a little 'post-modern
      spice' to their anthropological celebratory feasts for colleagues: I
      like to offer a wide variety of 'life forms' (phyla can create social
      distance) with a printed key showing how the life form looked in its
      habitat without humans, and next to that, how it looks as 'road-kill'.
      We then have samples of each, including my favorite meatloaf in the
      shape of flattened road-kill squirrel. Remember, without natural
      predators, our cars become the predators for so many of these creatures
      with high breeding rates. Celebrate us! (for you veggies, dandelion
      salad or wine is excellent, especially after once or twice through the
      lawn mower; brings out the flavor)