Re: [SACC-L] Possible full time gig in Chicago

  • Sydney Hart
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2008
      I also only have a master's in Anthropology; I'm abd in sociology (subfield-culture). Because there aren't too many universities in the area that offer graduate degrees in anthropology (UIC, Northwestern, U of C are the only ones that I know of), there aren't a surfeit of PhDs out there! So no, the issue won't be that the master's disqualifies you, the issue will be whether or not they're seriously hiring or just fishing or just too disorganized to have a real search.

      The salary is based on education and years teaching. I think it starts in the mid-40s, but can't be sure because I ended up in an unusual category. My two MAs put me in the same category as a PhD and my teaching/museum experience is extensive, so I got a ridiculously good deal. I'll look for my copy of the contract--it has the salary chart in there.

      Sydney

      >>> <anthropmor@...> 12/04/08 2:37 PM >>>
      No- I'm at Joliet Junior College.
      ? Do you know ( or have an estimate) of what they might be offering salary wise?
      Will my being Masters only disqualify me?? I interviewed at Daley , a couple years ago, and they lost the position...which I found odd, but, stuff happens.
      ( I have like 12 plus years teaching experience, I figure that is the way to introduce myself).
      Any way, yuop, I am interested.
      MIke