Fw: Follow-up from AAA

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2008
      Follow-up from AAASACCers, please review the messages below between myself and Alice Kehoe regarding SACC and tribal colleges...I am sure you all know the work of Alice Kehoe, one of those real legendary Anthro heroes of the last generation, now a senior going strong...inspiration to us all. Well, I had a conversation with her about tribal colleges and community colleges and the need to connect and she responded right away. For you Mid-Westerners, she is also trying to help revive interest in Central States (CSAS), which always was a sound organization that worked with Midwest tribal reservations and groups.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Mark: Thanks for the reminder about our need to connect with tribal colleges. Do you have any ideas of how we might get a comprehensive listing of these? I know about those who are right here in my area, but that's just a handful. Do you think the AAA might help? Would Alice Kehoe have access to a list?

        Thanks,
        Mary Kay

        (and it would be great if we could help the Central States group with their membership at least - I agree, it would be hard to attend meetings back to back, but perhaps in the future... their membership is down and unlike our group, they are not grandfathered to be allowed to run with a lower membership.)

      • Rebecca Cramer
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2008
          Hi MK and Mark,
          Here's  link to a complete list of tribal colleges in the U.S.
          http://www.ed.gov/about/inits/list/whtc/edite-tclist.html
          Beca

          ==============
          Rebecca Cramer
          missiontosonora@...
          http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rcramer/
          ==============

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2008
            Well, folks, when I clicked on the address below that I sent you, it didn't come up.   But if you go to www.ed.gov and type "list of tribal colleges" in its search engine, you'll come up with it and it has the same address.  Go figure.
            Best,
            Beca

            ==============
            Rebecca Cramer
            missiontosonora@...
            http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rcramer/

            Here's  link to a complete list of tribal colleges in the U.S.
            http://www.ed gov/about/ inits/list/ whtc/edite- tclist.html
            Beca

            Rebecca Cramer
            missiontosonora@ yahoo.com