Meeting minutes & thank you

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2008
      Dear SACC Colleagues,

      Attached are the minutes of the annual meeting business meeting that
      took place in Washington, D.C., last March. If some information has been
      unintentionally omitted please let me know.

      The board hopes to see you at the forthcoming AAA annual meeting in San
      Francisco this month. The SACC board meeting is scheduled from 2-4 p.m.
      on Friday, Nov. 21 in Union Square 8; the business meeting will take
      place from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m. in the Continental Parlor 7. The meeting
      agendas are attached. The Five Fields Update, organized by past
      president Rob Edwards, is scheduled for Sunday, the 23rd, from 10:15 -
      12:00 p.m. in the Lombard. Please check your meeting program for
      possible meeting room changes.

      It would like to add that It has been my pleasure to serve as SACC
      president this past year. Besides being a wonderful learning experience
      and an occasion to become better acquainted with many of you, taking on
      the role of president gave me the opportunity to arrange a
      behind-the-scenes experience in the nation's museum to introduce you to
      some exceptional Smithsonian researchers who were more than pleased to
      share their work with you. The enthusiasm and warmth you expressed
      toward the speakers was noted. And I understand from Doug Owsley that he
      received emails, a t-shirt, and even publications from SACC members who
      attended his presentation.

      Now we have SACC's forthcoming annual meeting in Tucson, April 8-12,
      organized by soon to be co-presidents Mary Gilliland and Maren Wilson,
      to look forward. You can access the registration form online at
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/

      Lastly, I would like to thank the SACC members who made my life so much
      easier as president. Many of you offered advice and encouragement as
      past presidents and I want to thank you for that. For those of you who
      helped me put the meeting together, advertise, and record the meetings,
      I want to express my deep appreciation to Mel Johnson, Lloyd Miller,
      Rebecca Stein-Frankel, Patricia Hamlen, Laura Gonzalez, and Deborah
      Shepherd. As always it is a team effort and for those of you considering
      taking on a board position, I encourage you to do so.

      I look forward to seeing you in San Francisco. Ann

      P. Ann Kaupp, Head
      Anthropology Outreach Office
      Smithsonian Institution
      PO Box 37012