RE: [SACC-L] conf description

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 12, 2008
      I think we should have a Panel Discussion - could we build that into our
      conference? This is a great topic - figuring out how to promote student
      travel & international and/or field experience as a part of their
      undergraduate education. It certainly makes sense to me.

      What about a lunch-time panel?

      Mary Kay

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 12, 2008
          Though of course we LOVE our Silverbacks! But yes, sounds wonderful.

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 12, 2008
            Great stuff! Please be on our panel and discuss this concept. Mary, sign her up.
            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            Behalf
            Of Dianne Chidester
            Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 7:56 AM
            To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [SACC-L] Travel Abroad Consortium

            Mark & All,

            The first thing I think of is sharing of credits without students having
            to pay out-of-state tuition to the "hosting" school.

            Dianne

            ________________________________

            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
            SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            From: Gilliland, Mary

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 15, 2008
                Can we invite someone to sit on the panel? I have seen EF at the conferences before, but only in the book dugout.
                Renee Garcia
                Saddleback College

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 15, 2008
                  That is a good idea; Lauren Prone from EF met with me, and I did mention
                  that it might be a good idea for Lauren or other well-placed EF person
                  come to our SACC meeting to be on the Panel discussing a Study Abroad
                  consortium

                  From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

                  From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>