RE: [SACC-L] Exiled

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
      I believe the following organizations have addressed this new movie:

      The National Center for Science Education (NCSE)
      http://www.natcenscied.org; and the National Science Teachers
      Association

      http://www.nsta.org/ <http://www.nsta.org/> They also have resources
      on evolution including frequently asked questions and answers at
      http://www.nsta.org/publications/evolution.aspx#qanda

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
        also check out "My Freshman Year" by Rebekah Nathan--another anthro
        professor...
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
          We are family!

          Wow, I feel disadvantaged! I haven't yet received my 2007 AAA report-
          maybe in today's mail?-but did already get an email from a university
          colleague commenting on the article and photo. I agree with Laura.
          Ann, you deserve many kudos for your active and involved presidency.
          I feel as though this past year has been a "moving and shaking"
          experience for SACC.
          Lloyd
          lloyd.miller@...

          On Sep 3, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Laura Gonzalez wrote:

          > I believe Ann Kaupp took the lead on this one, and she deserves an
          > awful lot
          > of credit for being an extremely active and engaged section president!

          Groups Links
        • Dianne Chidester
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008

            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            Behalf
            Of Lloyd Miller
            Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 10:12 AM
            To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

            lloyd.miller@... <mailto:lloyd.miller%40mchsi.com>

            Find out more at our web page :http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/Yahoo
            <http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/Yahoo> !
            Groups Links

          • mep1mep
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
              I think you mean Expelled--which is the anti-evolution movie not Exiled which is the MTV television series.

              By the way, everyone.  I asked two of my classes today and about one third to one half of the class had seen at least parts of the MTV series, Exiled--so, they are watching it.

              Pam

              ____________ _________ _________ __

[...]

              e-mail: fulara@dupage. edu <mailto:fulara% 40dupage. edu>

            • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 3, 2008
                I agree, Dianne. There have been and are many, many great SACC folks!
                Not stuff to live down, though; rather, good times to celebrate!
                Ellen J

                lloyd.miller@... <mailto:lloyd.miller%40mchsi.com> <mailto:lloyd.miller%40mchsi.com>

                <http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/> > > com

                Find out more at our web page :http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/Yahoo <http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/Yahoo>