SACCommentary

  • Fulara, Elise
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2008
      Can the moderator/admin of the SACCommentary blog please email me? I've forgotten who it is! I'd like to change the email address/profile that I have associated with that blog.

      Thanks!
      Elise

      ---
      Elise A. Fulara
      Anthropology Instructor, College of DuPage
      voicemail: 630/942-2800 x 57617
      e-mail: fulara@...

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
        It's Laura Gonzalez at ltgonzalez@... She has two emails, this
        being one of them.

        ________________________________

        e-mail: fulara@... <mailto:fulara%40dupage.edu>

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
          Ann, Barry, and anyone else with knowledge: we are exploring model Study
          Abroad programs applicable to community colleges with a focus on short
          courses with reasonable costs. I recently received materials from the
          Smithsonian and from EF Tours, so please let me know what are best
          policies and practices.

          Can the moderator/admin of the SACCommentary blog please email me? I've
          forgotten who it is! I'd like to change the email address/profile that I
          have associated with that blog.

          Thanks!
          Elise

          ---
          Elise A. Fulara
          Anthropology Instructor, College of DuPage
          voicemail: 630/942-2800 x 57617
          e-mail: fulara@... <mailto:fulara%40dupage.edu>
          <mailto:fulara%40dupage.edu>

        • Dianne Chidester
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
            Maybe we could even work out some kind of consortium so many community
            college students would have access to more Study Abroad? -- Dianne

            ________________________________

            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            Behalf
            Of Kaupp, Ann
            Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:40 PM
            To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
              this is a great idea - our college is trying to implement study abroad

              Nicole Ives
              Prince George's Community College
              Largo, MD

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>
              Can the moderator/admin of the SACCommentary blog please email me? I've
              forgotten who it is! I'd like to change the email address/profile that I
              have associated with that blog.

              Thanks!
              Elise

              ---
              Elise A. Fulara
              Anthropology Instructor, College of DuPage
              voicemail: 630/942-2800 x 57617
              e-mail: fulara@dupage. edu <mailto:fulara% 40dupage. edu>
              <mailto:fulara% 40dupage. edu>
              <mailto:fulara% 40dupage. edu>

            • Sydney Hart
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
                I agree! We're trying to create a global studies program and would I would love to have a study abroad opportunity! I don't have the slightest idea how to go about this.

                Sydney Hart
                Wilbur Wright Community College
                Chicago, IL

                From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2008
                  --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Lewine, Mark" <mark.lewine@...> wrote:
                  >Hi Mark,
                  This is a complicated topic and I can't possibly respond via
                  e-mail. Please do give me a call (845 733-1830 ) and I will be glad
                  to share my many years' experience organizing/leading travel-study
                  tours for SUNY Orange.
                  I have in the past given talks on this subject at SACC
                  conferences. Perhaps given the apparent interest in this topic, we
                  could again hold a panel discussion on travel-study tour development
                  at the next SACC meeting.
                  Regards,
                  Barry

                    From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com <mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com>

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Perhaps SACC could hold an AAA session on this after a roundtable at the
                      SACC annual meeting.