A Teacher on the Front Line....

  • George Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2008
      This is one of the best illustrations of today's teaching situation I've seen.
      George
      ~ ~ ~
      A Teacher on the Front Line as Faith and Science Clash
      By AMY HARMON
      David Campbell is bringing Florida's mandate to teach
      evolution to many students raised to take the biblical
      creation story as fact.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/education/24evolution.html?th&emc=th

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2008
        Great article! Today is the first day of classes at my school. This is inspiring!
        Deborah

        Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
        Anthropology
        Anoka-Ramsey Community College
        Coon Rapids Campus
        deborah.shepherd@...
        http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/shepherd/
        http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc
        phone number: 763-433-1195

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2008
          I agree, George. Just got around to reading it. I believe that more
          teachers with both David Campbell's knowledge AND courage to teach
          it in spite of local community pressures are the answer to improving
          our science education in our schools.
          Lloyd