RE: [SACC-L] Orangutans from Hollywood!

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2008
      Now I really want to visit the Great Ape Trust!

      Dianne Chidester--Future Orangutan Paparazzi

      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.comFrom: lloyd.miller@...: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:11:20 -0500Subject: [SACC-L] Orangutans from Hollywood!

      I just had to share this bit of news:Great Ape Trust of Iowa is significantly expanding its orangutan program with the move of a group of orangutans who have appeared in Hollywood films, television commercials and magazine advertisements. The relocation of the orangutans begins to close the curtain in the United States on the decades-long use of orangutans in the entertainment industry. For video, photos, news releases and to hear from Dr. Rob Shumaker, director of orangutan research at Great Ape Trust, go here. (http://www.greatapetrust.org/media/releases/2008/ nr_45a08.php)I wonder what other movie stars would come to Des Moines?Lloyd[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]