Future teaching?

  • Sydney Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2008
      Hey, Mike:

      This is just a little informal heads-up. I'm going to try to get a
      couple new anthro. classes running at Wright College--a Physical Anthro
      for either Spring or Fall 2009 and maybe even an archaeology class. The
      politics are currently bizarre and so, of course, I can't really say
      whether or not they'll let me put these classes in the schedule or
      whether or not they'll require me to teach them. Still, it can't hurt to
      let you know what I'm hoping for since I know you'd like to teach in the
      City College system.

      Sydney

      >>> <> 07/16/08 4:30 PM >>>

      In a message dated 7/16/2008 4:13:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      robert.lawless@... writes:

      According to today’s /Wichita Eagle/, the football coach at the
      University of Kansas has received an annual raise of almost $800,000 and

      had his contract extended two years to 2012. The increase puts the
      coach’s annual salary at $2.3 million.

      meanwhile 70% of classes are taught by adjuncts, often teaching at 2-3
      places, more than full time with no benefits.
      Mike Pavlik

      **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live
      music