Re: [ANTHRO-L] Coaches

  • anthropmor@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2008
      In a message dated 7/16/2008 4:13:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      robert.lawless@... writes:

      According to today’s /Wichita Eagle/, the football coach at the
      University of Kansas has received an annual raise of almost $800,000 and
      had his contract extended two years to 2012. The increase puts the
      coach’s annual salary at $2.3 million.

      meanwhile 70% of classes are taught by adjuncts, often teaching at 2-3
      places, more than full time with no benefits.
      Mike Pavlik

    • kent morris
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16, 2008
        I guess we can always do something else with our lives...Maybe we should all go on strike!!!
        robert.lawless@... writes:

        According to today’s /Wichita Eagle/, the football coach at the
        University of Kansas has received an annual raise of almost $800,000 and
        had his contract extended two years to 2012. The increase puts the
        coach’s annual salary at $2.3 million.

        meanwhile 70% of classes are taught by adjuncts, often teaching at 2-3
        places, more than full time with no benefits.
        Mike Pavlik

        http://www.eset.com

      • Monica Bellas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17, 2008
          That's because football brings in big money to the universities, which is
          obviously much more important than actually educating students.
          Monica Bellas
          Cerritos College
          Norwalk, CA

        • anthropmor@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17, 2008
            In a message dated 7/17/2008 1:07:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
            lady13wind@... writes:

            That's because football brings in big money to the universities, which is
            obviously much more important than actually educating students.
            Monica Bellas
            Cerritos College
            Norwalk, CA

            No It Does Not!