Orangutans from Hollywood!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2008
      I just had to share this bit of news:

      Great Ape Trust of Iowa is significantly expanding its orangutan
      program with the move of a group of orangutans who have appeared in
      Hollywood films, television commercials and magazine advertisements.
      The relocation of the orangutans begins to close the curtain in the
      United States on the decades-long use of orangutans in the
      entertainment industry. For video, photos, news releases and to hear
      from Dr. Rob Shumaker, director of orangutan research at Great Ape
      Trust, go here. (http://www.greatapetrust.org/media/releases/2008/
      nr_45a08.php)

      I wonder what other movie stars would come to Des Moines?

    • Dianne C
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2008
        Now I really want to visit the Great Ape Trust!

        Dianne Chidester--Future Orangutan Paparazzi

        To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.comFrom: lloyd.miller@...: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:11:20 -0500Subject: [SACC-L] Orangutans from Hollywood!

        I just had to share this bit of news:Great Ape Trust of Iowa is significantly expanding its orangutan program with the move of a group of orangutans who have appeared in Hollywood films, television commercials and magazine advertisements. The relocation of the orangutans begins to close the curtain in the United States on the decades-long use of orangutans in the entertainment industry. For video, photos, news releases and to hear from Dr. Rob Shumaker, director of orangutan research at Great Ape Trust, go here. (http://www.greatapetrust.org/media/releases/2008/ nr_45a08.php)I wonder what other movie stars would come to Des Moines?Lloyd[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]