book contract awards from Univ.CA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3 12:37 PM
      From: Dr. Rob Borofsky [mailto:webmaster@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 10:17 PM
      To: Kaupp, Ann
      Subject: Clarifying 2 Matters, Reminder, Request

      Aloha,

      Hopefully, you already know about the University of California/Public
      Anthropology sponsored competitions that will award two book contracts
      this fall (click on link for details).
      http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/dd3a2b20cf54762ad5d681b50
      78ae79b/a.php

      May I may clarify two matters, offer a reminder, and make a request?

      qualification. There are now two categories to apply in: (a) individuals
      with doctorates and (b) graduate students who have not yet received
      their doctorates. (For the materials each must submit with their
      proposals, please see the above link).

      2). The deadline for the competition is October 1, 2008.

      3). Please be sure to review the Overview statement on the
      publicanthropology.org website at
      http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/dd3a2b20cf54762ad5d681b50
      78ae79b/b.php. It is essential reading to understand the criteria we
      will use in evaluating submissions.

      4). I would appreciate your forwarding this email to any who you suspect
      might not normally receive it, especially people in other departments.
      Our email list is limited.

      THANK YOU.

      Hopefully, you will find this email's cartoon as delightful as I do
      http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/dd3a2b20cf54762ad5d681b50
      78ae79b/c.php

      Regards,

      Dr. Rob Borofsky

      Director, Center for a Public Anthropology
      Professor of Anthropology, Hawaii Pacific University
      Editor, California Series in Public Anthropology
      Webmaster, www.publicanthropology.org & www.publicanthropology.net

      If you and graduate students you know NEVER expect to be interested in
      applying - the competitions will be held every year - you can
      PERMANENTLY unsubscribe from ever participating in the competitions by
      clicking here.
      http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/dd3a2b20cf54762ad5d681b50
      78ae79b/e.php