new email address

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 22, 2008
      In almost the blink of an eye, Capilano has lost its status as a community college and has been re-designated a university. Effective immediately. My new email address is bmuckle@...

      And, "No, this does not mean I will be buying celebratory drinks for all at the next SACCfest." A lot of people at Capilano are excited to be associated with a university, but not me. I never wanted to be a university professor, and still don't. I want to be an instructor at a community college.

      For those who want to help cheer me up, I am open to the idea of people buying me drinks at the next SACC meeting. I like beer, and rye whiskey. And brandy. Not in the same glass.

      I am also open to the idea of changing jobs with somebody who teaches at a real community college, preferably male and kind of goofy-looking since we will have to assume one another's identity to get around all that contractual stuff. As an incentive, I offer my 1995 4 x 4 super-bad GMC Suburban. Its a good vehicle, and still cost less than $300 per fill-up.

      Bob Muckle
    • anthropmor@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
        In a message dated 6/23/2008 12:24:17 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
        bmuckle@... writes:

        I am open to the idea of people buying me drinks at the next SACC meeting. I
        like beer, and rye whiskey. And brandy. Not in the same glass.

        Mr Fussy University Drinker!
        Mike Pavlik

      • kent morris
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
          I like cuba libras and almond champagne myself...
          bmuckle@... writes:

          I am open to the idea of people buying me drinks at the next SACC meeting. I
          like beer, and rye whiskey. And brandy. Not in the same glass.

          Mr Fussy University Drinker!
          Mike Pavlik

          http://www.eset.com

        • kent morris

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
              You're just the best Bob.  Sorry I don't qualify for the exchange, wanna try anyway?  Will be glad to buy you a beer next year.
              Can't wait to catch up after a few years away.
              Third novel finally to be released end of July from Imago Press.  Will send more info then.
              All best,
              Beca==============
              Rebecca Cramer
              missiontosonora@...
              http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rcramer/
              ==============

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
                After being completely charmed by Vancouver, I will be happy to switch.
                Summers only. Make that those 23 days of sunshine you get a year only. And
                I'll keep my Prius, thank you.

                Laura

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 26, 2008
                  Bob,

                  A real university! Sounds like politics and a good story. I'll buy you that drink at the next SACC meeting in exchange for that story.

                  By the way I just returned from a vacation to the central coast, around 400 miles round trip. Got 47 miles a gallon in the my new Prius!

                  Phil