FW: U.C.Press/Public Anthropology Int'l Book Competition

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      FYI

      ________________________________

      From: Dr. Rob Borofsky [mailto:webmaster@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:54 AM
      To: Kaupp, Ann
      Subject: U.C.Press/Public Anthropology Int'l Book Competition

      Aloha,

      The University of California Press, in association with the Center for a
      Public Anthropology, is sponsoring two international competitions
      focused on encouraging anthropologically inclined authors to address
      major public problems and broad audiences. Both competitions will award
      book contracts at early stages in the research/writing process. The hope
      is that an author, knowing that he or she has a book contract in hand
      prior to conducting research or writing a manuscript, will move beyond
      academic styles and write about a major public concern in a manner that
      non-academics find valuable. (click here for more
      <http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/9f39f1cade8b01313deb1e39
      33fac9d4/a.php> )

      (Click here to see cartoon
      <http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/9f39f1cade8b01313deb1e39
      33fac9d4/b.php> . The inscription partly reads: "If you have to ask how
      much gas costs...")

      Neither I nor the graduate students I know are intersted in applying.
      Please unsubscribe me
      <http://www.publicanthropology.org/paca-website/9f39f1cade8b01313deb1e39
      33fac9d4/e.php> from this email list and cartoons.

      Regards,

      Dr. Rob Borofsky

      Director, Center for a Public Anthropology
      Professor of Anthropology, Hawaii Pacific University
      Editor, California Series in Public Anthropology
      Webmaster, www.publicanthropology.org & www.publicanthropology.net