Now THIS is a gem of the internet!

  • bdlqvcc
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2008
      I recall when I first saw digital images of the Dead Sea Scrolls on
      the internet back when web-browsing sounded more like looking for
      spiders... There had been a controversy about control of the
      release of the scroll images, and eventually they were shared with
      the world for the first time, for scholarly study and for the casual
      viewer.

      I had a similar sense of the rich potential of the internet (for
      research and otherwise) when I first heard about the Digital
      Anthropology Resources for Teaching project out of Columbia U. at
      the annual meetings a few years back.
      http://www.columbia.edu/dlc/dart/

      And now I just heard about the Darwin Archives! All of Darwin's
      works (including notebooks, letters etc.) are available. What a
      great resource. My apologies if this duplicates information already
      shared, but it sure bears repeating, it seems to me.
      http://darwin-online.org.uk/

      Brian