Washington DC SACC meeting

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
      Dear SACC members,

      First of all I want to thank all of you (ca. 67) who attended our annual
      meeting in Washington, D.C., a little more than a month ago. As always,
      it was a fun and informative reunion. A special thanks to those of you
      who gave presentations, including Phil Naftaly, Mark Lewine and Tony
      Balzano who organized the Teaching Race session in honor of Len
      Lieberman to whom the meeting was dedicated. We also shared a lot of
      laughs. No one can say that this group is stodgy. Leave it to Bob Muckle
      to find a way to include the Venus of Willendorf, Jane Jetson, and Tom
      Cruise all in one paper.

      I do hope you find time to read this month's SACC column in Anthropology
      New. Lloyd did a fine write up on the meeting and began his column
      reminding people about SACC Fest 2009, which is being organized by Mary
      Kay Gilliland and Maren Wilson.

      It was a pleasure organizing this meeting and seeing all of you. Thank
      you for your good humor, patience, and flexibility. You enabled me to
      enjoy the meeting as I hope you did. Ann

      P. Ann Kaupp, Head

      Anthropology Outreach Office

      Smithsonian Institution

      PO Box 37012