Visit your new blog

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
      Please click on this link (or paste it into your browser) to find the
      new SACCommentary blog.

      http://ccanthro.blogspot.com/

      The blog is another way that we can discuss topics in a forum. Most
      agree that it is much easier than a listserv to read all the comments
      in any thread of discussion all at once. Unlike the listserv, however,
      e-mails do not come directly to your in-box. The blog must be visited
      to read the discussions. You may want to add the blog address to your
      favorites list and check it periodically.

      In general, I have the sense that the SACC-L listserv will function
      best as a way to get announcements out to the group, while the blog
      will work better for discussions, as do the existing anthro blogs on
      the AAA website and savageminds.org.

      Tony Balzano has graciously agreed to be blog mediator, and can send
      an announcement to the SACC-L list when a new thread has begun. That
      way you will be aware that a discussion has started.

      This is my first time creating a blog for a group, so please let me
      know if you have any difficulties posting either comments or new
      threads. (A thread is a line of discussion that begins with one
      original post, to which people respond.)

      Any and all comments are welcome, of course.

      Thanks for an amazing meeting in DC, Ann!

      Laura
    • Lynch, Brian M
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
        Thanks, Laura! There is now an available thread where members can
        post comments about the '08 Conference; Will there be ways set up for
        people to initiate other conversations?

        Brian

        ________________________________

        http://ccanthro.blogspot.com/ <http://ccanthro.blogspot.com/>

[...]

        -------
        NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown
        in the headers. The real sender of this message is:
        sentto-126016-4405-1205841195-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...
        oo.com

        If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would
        need to add
        sentto-126016-4405-1205841195-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...
        oo.com to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see
        the Anti-Spam FAQ item:
        http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender
      • Laura Gonzalez
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2008
          Brian,

          We are all very excited about the blog, but I am learning as I go. Would you
          do me the favor of attempting to initiate a second thread, then we can talk
          about the challenges (if there were any)?

          Laura