Re: [SACC-L] SACC Archives

  • Tbbyrnehom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
      Hi SACCERS, I gave several boxes of SACC documents to Chuck Ellenbaum
      several years ago. I think there was a flood in his office and these may have
      been destroyed. Do you remember whatever happened to them Chuck? Bill Byrne

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
        Yes, Tony, we do need an archives and an archivist...and we also have
        the Gullah net that was supposed to be part of a SACC investiture
        ceremony for each new Pres. elect...add that to the meeting...SACC needs
        ritual, ceremony, symbols, rites of passage...

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
          Ritual, ceremony, and rites of passage sound like fun! What about a
          shaman?

          Ellen Johnson

          ________________________________

          Light Linda; Byrne Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
          Rreddington-wilde@...; Robert Muckle; Ellenbaum,
          Charles O.; Johnson, Ellen C. K.; Leonard Lieberman; Leonard Lieberman;
          Mark Lewine; majohns@...; C Clarke; cclarke@...; Ruth
          Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
          Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...; Chuck Ellenbaum;
          lloyd.miller@...; Kaupp Ann; Steve Reif; George Rodgers; Phil
          Stein; Stase McPherron; Omara Abe; Bob Muckle/H; naftalyp@...;
          Roberg-Lopez Stephanie; Barry Kass; Lewine Mark; Margaret
          Ismalia-Mitchell; Forrest Smith; Mary Pulford; Mark Lewine;
          SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          Cc: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [SACC-L] RE: SACC Archives

          Yes, Tony, we do need an archives and an archivist...and we also have
          the Gullah net that was supposed to be part of a SACC investiture
          ceremony for each new Pres. elect...add that to the meeting...SACC needs
          ritual, ceremony, symbols, rites of passage...

          Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
          Rreddington-wilde@...
          <mailto:Rreddington-wilde%40cambridgecollege.edu> ; Robert Muckle;
          Lewine; majohns@... <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net> ; C Clarke;
          cclarke@... <mailto:cclarke%40everettcc.edu> ; Ruth
          Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
          Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...
          <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> ; Chuck Ellenbaum;
          lloyd.miller@... <mailto:lloyd.miller%40mchsi.com> ; Kaupp Ann;
          Steve Reif; George Rodgers; Phil
          Stein; Stase McPherron; Omara Abe; Bob Muckle/H; naftalyp@...
          <mailto:naftalyp%40sunyacc.edu> ;
          Lewine; SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
            Wonder if can fit in a toga party.

            ________________________________

            From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
            Behalf
            Of Lewine, Mark
            Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:16 PM
            To: anthony balzano; Phillip Naftaly; Diane Wilhelm; Richard Furlow;
            Mark Lewine; majohns@... <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net> ; C
            Cc: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

            Yes, Tony, we do need an archives and an archivist...and we also have
            the Gullah net that was supposed to be part of a SACC investiture
            ceremony for each new Pres. elect...add that to the meeting...SACC needs
            ritual, ceremony, symbols, rites of passage...

            Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
            Rreddington-wilde@...
            <mailto:Rreddington-wilde%40cambridgecollege.edu>
            <mailto:Rreddington-wilde%40cambridgecollege.edu> ; Robert Muckle;
            Charles
            Ellenbaum; Ellen C. Johnson; Leonard Lieberman; Leonard Lieberman; Mark
            Lewine; majohns@... <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net>
            <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net> ; C Clarke;
            cclarke@... <mailto:cclarke%40everettcc.edu>
            <mailto:cclarke%40everettcc.edu> ; Ruth
            Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
            Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...
            <mailto:rls%40linkline.com>

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25, 2008
              Appreciate your bringing this topic up. I just inquired with our
              archives of their possible interest and have asked for guidelines. What
              is important are "records of lasting value, as defined by the society
              itself." Perhaps those of you with records could provide an inventory
              for the board to review at the March meeting. If you are not attending,
              you could forward the inventory to me at kauppa@.... Thanks.

              ________________________________

              Hi SACCERS, I gave several boxes of SACC documents to Chuck Ellenbaum
              several years ago. I think there was a flood in his office and these may
              have
              been destroyed. Do you remember whatever happened to them Chuck? Bill
              Byrne

              (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campo
              s-duffy/
              <http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campo
              s-duffy/>
              2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

            • Dianne Chidester
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 26, 2008
                I passed the Gullah net to Chuck. I hope it is still making the rounds.
                -- Dianne