SACC Archives

  • anthony balzano
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25 10:38 AM
      SACC folk:

      I am in possession of a beautiful multicolored sisal bag with leather straps chock full of SACC documents I collected (as SACC secretary) from various sources, many from the likes of Richard Furlow, one of SACC's founders. They included items such as the programs from past SACC conferences, minutes, etc.

      Should we keep these materials? Who should have these archives? Are they worth keeping? Perhaps this can go on the agenda for the executive committee at our March meetings.

      Thank you.

      Sincerely,
      Tony Balzano

      Anthony Balzano, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology & Sociology
      Social Science Coordinator for Anthropology, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology & Sociology
      Sussex County Community College
      1 College Hill
      Newton, NJ 07461
      973-300-2177
    • Tbbyrnehom@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25 11:58 AM
        Hi SACCERS, I gave several boxes of SACC documents to Chuck Ellenbaum
        several years ago. I think there was a flood in his office and these may have
        been destroyed. Do you remember whatever happened to them Chuck? Bill Byrne

        2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25 12:15 PM
          Yes, Tony, we do need an archives and an archivist...and we also have
          the Gullah net that was supposed to be part of a SACC investiture
          ceremony for each new Pres. elect...add that to the meeting...SACC needs
          ritual, ceremony, symbols, rites of passage...

          Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
          Rreddington-wilde@...; Robert Muckle; Charles
          Ellenbaum; Ellen C. Johnson; Leonard Lieberman; Leonard Lieberman; Mark
          Lewine; majohns@...; C Clarke; cclarke@...; Ruth
          Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
          Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...; Chuck Ellenbaum;
          lloyd.miller@...; Kaupp Ann; Steve Reif; George Rodgers; Phil
          Stein; Stase McPherron; Omara Abe; Bob Muckle/H; naftalyp@...;
          Roberg-Lopez Stephanie; Barry Kass; Lewine Mark; Margaret
          Ismalia-Mitchell; Lewine, Mark; Forrest Smith; Mary Pulford; Mark
          Lewine; SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: SACC Archives

[...]

        • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 25 12:29 PM
            Ritual, ceremony, and rites of passage sound like fun! What about a
            shaman?

            Ellen Johnson

            ________________________________

            Light Linda; Byrne Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
            Rreddington-wilde@...; Robert Muckle; Ellenbaum,
            Charles O.; Johnson, Ellen C. K.; Leonard Lieberman; Leonard Lieberman;
            Mark Lewine; majohns@...; C Clarke; cclarke@...; Ruth
            Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
            Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...; Chuck Ellenbaum;
            lloyd.miller@...; Kaupp Ann; Steve Reif; George Rodgers; Phil
            Stein; Stase McPherron; Omara Abe; Bob Muckle/H; naftalyp@...;
            Roberg-Lopez Stephanie; Barry Kass; Lewine Mark; Margaret
            Ismalia-Mitchell; Forrest Smith; Mary Pulford; Mark Lewine;
            SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
            Cc: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [SACC-L] RE: SACC Archives

            Yes, Tony, we do need an archives and an archivist...and we also have
            the Gullah net that was supposed to be part of a SACC investiture
            ceremony for each new Pres. elect...add that to the meeting...SACC needs
            ritual, ceremony, symbols, rites of passage...

            Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
            Rreddington-wilde@...
            <mailto:Rreddington-wilde%40cambridgecollege.edu> ; Robert Muckle;
            Lewine; majohns@... <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net> ; C Clarke;
            cclarke@... <mailto:cclarke%40everettcc.edu> ; Ruth
            Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
            Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...
            <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> ; Chuck Ellenbaum;
            lloyd.miller@... <mailto:lloyd.miller%40mchsi.com> ; Kaupp Ann;
            Steve Reif; George Rodgers; Phil
            Stein; Stase McPherron; Omara Abe; Bob Muckle/H; naftalyp@...
            <mailto:naftalyp%40sunyacc.edu> ;
            Lewine; SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 25 12:30 PM
              Wonder if can fit in a toga party.

              ________________________________

              From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
              Behalf
              Of Lewine, Mark
              Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:16 PM
              To: anthony balzano; Phillip Naftaly; Diane Wilhelm; Richard Furlow;
              Mark Lewine; majohns@... <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net> ; C
              Cc: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

              Yes, Tony, we do need an archives and an archivist...and we also have
              the Gullah net that was supposed to be part of a SACC investiture
              ceremony for each new Pres. elect...add that to the meeting...SACC needs
              ritual, ceremony, symbols, rites of passage...

              Bill; Patricia Mathews-Salazar; Mark Tromans;
              Rreddington-wilde@...
              <mailto:Rreddington-wilde%40cambridgecollege.edu>
              <mailto:Rreddington-wilde%40cambridgecollege.edu> ; Robert Muckle;
              Charles
              Ellenbaum; Ellen C. Johnson; Leonard Lieberman; Leonard Lieberman; Mark
              Lewine; majohns@... <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net>
              <mailto:majohns%40diodecom.net> ; C Clarke;
              cclarke@... <mailto:cclarke%40everettcc.edu>
              <mailto:cclarke%40everettcc.edu> ; Ruth
              Laird; Cynthia Ninivaggi; Jean Harris; Dianne Chidester; Melvin Johnson;
              Roya Falahi; Adrian Novotny; rls@...
              <mailto:rls%40linkline.com>

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25 12:41 PM
                Appreciate your bringing this topic up. I just inquired with our
                archives of their possible interest and have asked for guidelines. What
                is important are "records of lasting value, as defined by the society
                itself." Perhaps those of you with records could provide an inventory
                for the board to review at the March meeting. If you are not attending,
                you could forward the inventory to me at kauppa@.... Thanks.

                ________________________________

                Hi SACCERS, I gave several boxes of SACC documents to Chuck Ellenbaum
                several years ago. I think there was a flood in his office and these may
                have
                been destroyed. Do you remember whatever happened to them Chuck? Bill
                Byrne

                (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campo
                s-duffy/
                <http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campo
                s-duffy/>
                2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

              • Dianne Chidester
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 26 6:16 AM
                  I passed the Gullah net to Chuck. I hope it is still making the rounds.
                  -- Dianne