Another piece related to Creationist strategy

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2008
      In a recent post I mentioned the supposed "peer review" journal that is being developed to give creationism the appearance of being scientific. Anyone who has followed the reincarnations of creationism (anti-evolutionary thinking) and its many localized battles in schoolboards, textbook prescriptions, etc. shouldn't be surprised by any new such instances as they continue to emerge.

      A further interesting part of the picture is the discussion of the wider creationism meta-strategy that takes its model from the 1980's (US) Republican Party 'wedge strategy' discussed in recent days by a number of commentators (including Patrick Buchannan and Howard Fineman). Creationists have developed thier own 'wedge strategy'---my apologies if this is old news to anyone here. I found it interesting to read about it after first hearing Buchannan talking with others recenlty about the Republican version as it was developed in the '80's.

      http://www.waronscience.com/excerpt.php?p=2

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy

      See it highlighted in the context of a broader outline:
      http://critiquesoflibertarianism.blogspot.com/2006/05/intelligent-design-overview-for-us.html

      Brian