Re: Fwd: AN Section News Due 1/15

  • George Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2008
      Ann, Lloyd, etc: I subscribed quite recently, and yes Ann, it seems it was easier for you to simply sign me up yourself than to send me the complex steps. The Texas archaeology listserer webmeister urges one to run through steps he lists for you in a form e-message. When applicants run to him for help (and with horror-stories), he then proceeds to finish applying for them. I'd hate to suggest that you do all the signing-up for everyone, especially if groups join en masse.
      I joined two such yahoogroups in the past, and agree, definitely, that it's a good idea to avoid the Yahoo toolbars, solicitations etc. Their junk mail is numerous and time consuming. I seem to recall a few yahoogroups registration processes changing from time to time. They are usually self-explanatory. Let's hope they don't join the parade of sites requiring us to manage expiring passwords.

      Re: Fwd: AN Section News Due 1/15
      Posted by: "Popplestone, Ann" ann.popplestone@... annpopp2000
      Date: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:37 pm ((PST))

      The system for subscribing has changed several times over the years.
      If
      someone wants to e-mail me, I'll add their name to the site myself, and
      Yahoo sends them a confirmation message. Can anybody who has
      subscribed
      recently tell me if Yahoo requires you to subscribe if I add your
      address to the distribution list?

      Ann Popplestone AAB, BA, MA

      CCC Metro TLC

      216-987-3584

      FAX:330-867-6375

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 14, 2008
        There is no real problem adding folks, we don't have that many
        subscribers. However, there may be a delay if the request hits my desk
        when I have a day off, am out sick etc.

        Ann Popplestone AAB, BA, MA

        CCC Metro TLC

        216-987-3584

        FAX:330-867-6375

        ________________________________

[...]

        <mailto:ann.popplestone%40tri-c.edu> annpopp2000

        From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
        Behalf
        Of Lloyd Miller
        Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:24 PM
        To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 14, 2008
          Thanks, Ann. I'm putting both means of subscribing in the column and
          folks can choose.
          Lloyd