Deadline for abstracts!

  • rls@linkline.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hello, all. Just a reminder that the deadline for submitting abstracts for
      the 2008 SACC meeting is tomorrow! Send the abstracts to me at
      steinrl@.... I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in DC for what
      sounds like a fantastic conference!

      --Becky

      Here's the official Call for Papers:

      The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges (SACC) is holding its
      2008 annual meeting in Washington, DC, March 14-18, 2008. The theme of the
      meeting is "Sharing Knowledge: Anthropology's Contributions to Understanding
      Human Bio-Cultural Diversity."

      Proposals for paper presentations on any topic relating to anthropology are
      welcome. Of particular interest are presentations on teaching anthropology,
      research in cultural and biological anthropology, and programs developed to
      reach the wider community.

      Paper presentations are tentatively scheduled for 15 minutes. Abstracts
      should be no longer than 125 words and must be received no later than
      January 11, 2008. Make sure to include your institutional affiliation and
      contact information with your abstract.

      The abstracts, along with AV equipment needs, should be sent to Rebecca
      Stein, preferably via email at steinrl@... <mailto:steinrl%40lavc.edu>
      . In written form, mail to Rebecca Stein, Department of Anthropology, Los
      Angeles Valley College, 5800 Fulton Avenue, Valley Glen, California, 91401.

      Notification of acceptance or rejection of proposals will be completed by
      January 25, 2008. No proposal will be accepted for final inclusion in the
      program until the program chair receives confirmation from the AAA, prior to
      February 29, 2008, that conference registration fees have been paid.

    • Phillip Naftaly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008
        Hello Becky,
        I haven't heard back from you so I'm sending my abstract to you
        again at this site1

        Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        Coordinator of Academic Assessment