RE: Fwd: RE: [SACC-L] Please Suggest a Primatology Documentary

  • Pam Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
      I still like the very old "Life in the Trees" episode from David
      Attenborough's "Life on Earth" series. I have to borrow it (VHS) every
      semester from my public library but the animals are all in the wild (or
      look like they are!) and the number of species is not overwhelming.

      I look forward to seeing the new ones that Linda just described.

      ~Pam Ford

      ________________________________

      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups. com( mailto:SACC- L%40yahoogroups. com )
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
        Regarding primates, I should mention that Des Moines has a world-
        class primate research center, only several years old, called the
        Great Ape Trust. Its website is www.greatapetrust.org/. I don't
        think they've produced any films yet but they may have some short
        videos available on specific projects. Orangutans and bonobos are
        their main focus. Students might find the site useful.

        (Ha, we're not just for caucuses anymore! :)

        Lloyd