RE: [SACC-L] Etnographic Films & Videos

  • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
      I think Ted Bestor did one of a neighborhood in Japan many years ago. I
      still sometimes use the old Colonel Sanders film The Colonel Comes to
      Japan in my classes when I talk about change. It does show a
      neighborhood and an occupation, though not in depth. There are some
      recent films about India dealing with prostitution, too.

      Ellen Johnson

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2007
        Mark, perhaps some of these sources will offer the kinds of films you
        are seeking. Ann

        The Pennsylvania State University

        Audio Visual Services

        Special Services Bldg.

        151 Standing Stone Lane

        University Park, PA 16802

        http://www.libraries.psu.edu/mtss/

        Email: mtssmed@...

        (814) 865-6314; (800) 826-0132

        Films, videos, and DVDs.

        Insight Media

        2162 Broadway

        New York, NY 10024-0621

        http://www.insight-media.com <http://www.insight-media.com/>

        800-233-9910; 212-721-6316

        Fax: 212-799-5309

        DVDs, videos, and CD-ROMS on a variety of topics including anthropology
        and diversity studies.

        Phoenix Films and Videos

        2349 Chaffee Dr.

        http://www.phoenixlearninggroup.com
        <http://www.phoenixlearninggroup.com/>

        (800) 221-1274; (314) 569-0211

        Shenandoah Film Productions

        P.O. Box 6298

        Eureka, CA 95502

        http://www.shenandoahfilms.com <http://www.shenandoahfilms.com/>

        Email: shenfilm@...

        (707) 822-1030; Fax: (707) 822-1035

        Indian-owned enterprise and distributor of videos and DVDs from an
        Indian perspective.

        PBS Video

        1320 Braddock Place

        Alexandria, VA 22314-1698

        http://www.pbs.org <http://www.pbs.org/>

        (703) 739-5380; Fax: (703) 739-5269

        Facets Multi-Media, Inc.

        1571 West Fullerton Ave.

        Chicago, IL 60614

        http://www.facets.org/asticat

        (773) 281-9075

        Fax: (773) 929-5437

        Distributes international films including Asian, European, and Middle
        Eastern films.

        Movies Unlimited

        3015 Darnell Road

        Philadelphia, PA 19154