FW: Please consider

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2000
      Ann Popplestone
      CCC TLC

      From: Jennifer S. Higgins [SMTP:peachee@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:peachee@...]>
      Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 12:12 AM
      To: pops@...; <mailto:pops@...;> jacobsk@...
      <mailto:jacobsk@...>
      Subject: Please consider

      Dear Ms. Popplestone & Mr. Jacobs:

      Normally I don't buy into the whole forwarding of forwarded mail of
      forwarded mail.
      However, what follows below is from my old high school Social Studies
      teacher and he was a major factor in my decision to become a high school
      Social Studies teacher.
      As it will help him out and it is not some urban legend about non-chickens
      at KFC, it would be great if it could be put on your respective lists so it
      could be forwarded to others who'd be interested.
      Simply,
      Matthew Higgins,
      A lurker on your respective lists.

      <mailto:ghamer4186@...>

      > > In 1997, the progression of Parkinson's disease forced
      Glenn Hameroff to
      > > retire. For twenty-eight years, he met the challenge of
      maintaining that
      > > perfect balance between controlled insanity and the joy
      of scholarship.
      > > Quipsand was created to demonstrate the humanizing value
      that an
      anecdote,
      > > poem or joke can exert to a world fuming over declining
      test scores and
      > > senseless violence.
      > >
      > > Much of what passes as humor on the net is antisocial at
      its worst and
      > dumb
      > > at its best. Quipsand seeks wholesome humor submissions
      from educators
      and
      > > students K-pH.D. Supported by affiliate programs, the
      site endeavors to
      > have
      > > the income to both compensate contributors and maintain
      a permanent
      > classroom
      > > humor collection. There are no entry fees and forty
      percent of all
      income

      http://www.suite101.com/mysite/view.cfm/1968?url=/myhome.cfm/1957Quipglh

      <mailto:webmaster@...> (HumorSearch)
      <mailto:newsites@...>

      > > File: hsaward.gif (5567 bytes)
      > > DL Time (28800 bps): < 1 minute
      > >
      > > Congratulations!!!
      > >
      > > Your site has recently been indexed and listed with the
      Internet's
      > > premiere humor search engine and humor guide:
      HumorSearch.com. In
      > > addition, HumorSearch.com has rated your site a "Five
      'HA' Humor Site!"
      > > Please note that only 5 'HA' sites get added to Humor
      Search. The lesser
      > > quality humor sites do not. Less than 3% of all
      submitted humor sites
      > > actually get in. So again congratulations!
      > >
      > > This honor allows you the right to place our 5 Star
      award graphic on
      > > your site to show visitors that your site is listed with
      and praised by
      > > the net's #1 source for humor, Humor Search. Posting the
      award makes you
      > > become eligible for prize and cash give-a ways that we
      periodically
      throw