Re: [SACC-L] biological anthropology journals

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2007
      You might want to include Scientific American which has many relevant articles.

      Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
      Anthropology
      Anoka-Ramsey Community College
      Coon Rapids Campus
      deborah.shepherd@...
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/shepherd/
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc
      phone number: 763-433-1195

      >>> "Bob Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 9/20/2007 3:15 PM >>>

      I'm trying to create a list, for students, of the top 10 major scholarly
      journals that regularly include articles on topics routinely covered in
      Intro to Physical/Biological Anthropology courses, such as primate
      classification and behavior, and early humans.

      So far, I've got American Anthropologist; American Journal of Physical
      Anthropology; American Journal of Primatology; Current Anthropology;
      Evolutionary Anthropology; Internet Journal of Primatology; Journal
      of Human Evolution; Nature; PaleoAnthropology; and Science.

      PaleoAnthropology, by the way is free to view in its entirety, on-line.

      I'm looking for additions, suggestions, and additions.

      I've created a much more extensive list of archaeology journals. If
      anyone is interested in that, I can send it to them.

      Bob Muckle