biological anthropology journals

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2007
      I'm trying to create a list, for students, of the top 10 major scholarly
      journals that regularly include articles on topics routinely covered in
      Intro to Physical/Biological Anthropology courses, such as primate
      classification and behavior, and early humans.

      So far, I've got American Anthropologist; American Journal of Physical
      Anthropology; American Journal of Primatology; Current Anthropology;
      Evolutionary Anthropology; Internet Journal of Primatology; Journal
      of Human Evolution; Nature; PaleoAnthropology; and Science.

      PaleoAnthropology, by the way is free to view in its entirety, on-line.

      I'm looking for additions, suggestions, and additions.

      I've created a much more extensive list of archaeology journals. If
      anyone is interested in that, I can send it to them.

      Bob Muckle
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2007
        You might want to include Scientific American which has many relevant articles.

        Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
        Anthropology
        Anoka-Ramsey Community College
        Coon Rapids Campus