Adjunct position at Wright College, Chicago

  • shart9@ccc.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 2:18 PM
      Hi Everyone:

      I don't know if this is appropriate for the list or not; if not, just
      let me know. We just had an Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
      class open up and we need a teacher! The school is Wilbur Wright
      College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago. We're located on
      Chicago's northwest side. The class is scheduled for Tuesday and
      Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:20 and it starts on Tuesday, 8/28. The
      books are already ordered:

      * Lassiter, Luke Eric. 2006. Invitation to Anthropology. Lanham, MD:
      Altamira Press.
      * Ward, Martha. 2005. Nest in the Wind, second edition. Long Grove,
      IL: Waveland Press.
      * Bourgois, Phillippe. 2003. In Search of Respect: Selling Crack in El
      Barrio, second edition. New York: Cambridge University Press.

      If you're interested, please e-mail and call Vice President Cynthia
      Cordes at ccordes@..., 773-481-8182. You can also feel free to e-
      mail me or call me (shart9@...; 773-427-2874) with any questions.
      I'll be available to share my syllabus and answer any questions
      throughout the semester about Wright.

      --Sydney