RE: SPAM: Re: [SACC-L] Facebook, MySpace, and social class

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      Speaking of Dragons hiding in places that adults are still trying to
      wrap their brains around, I keep a copy of this to show folks with a
      case of future shock that there is nothing new under the sun:

      ABC's overnight news show, World News Now, has a recurring

      segment called "World News Then", where they air pieces of ABC

      News broadcasts as they covered various important events of the

      past. Last night being April 1st, they decided that instead of

      running a piece from a few decades ago, it would be more

      interesting to go back a few millennia. One of the stories they

      rebroadcast was the following report from 2400 BC:

      "Egypt's emerging papyrus technology continues to alarm parents

      and law enforcement. A new bill introduced today would let the

      government regulate material found on papyrus. Legislators said

      paperspace, as it is known to so-called 'writers,' is becoming a

      haven for monotheists, con artists and worse hoping to prey on

      the young and gullible. A little bit later in this broadcast we

      will have some tips on how to shield your children from offensive

      and dangerous material found on the dangerous papyrus."

      Ann Popplestone AAB, BA, MA

      CCC Metro TLC

      216-987-3584

      FAX:330-867-6375