FW: the Architecture of Electricity

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2000
      Ann Popplestone
      CCC TLC

      From: brian carroll [SMTP:human@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:human@...]>
      Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2000 1:46 AM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      <mailto:ANTHRO-L@...>
      Subject: the Architecture of Electricity

      (i am sending this message out to anthropologists because this thesis works
      to establish the anthropological impact and relationship of electricity to
      human beings, which i've developed around the concept of an e-human, homo
      electrus, who has built an electrical civilization on Earth)...
      ANTHRO-L: i've completed a thesis which rationalizes the electrical
      infrastructure in architectural terms. my intention is to build a solid
      foundation for the indepth critique of networks of electrical power, media,
      & technology-that which underlies the Internet and the e-commerce engine.
      i consider this work open-source, basing the text on a series of defined
      CODE-words. please consider using these words in your own work to extend or
      challenge the AE thesis. i will host these texts and any others which
      discuss electricity and electrical phenomena on the AE project website.
      for example, the AE thesis enables a structural approach to subjects as
      diverse as the 'digital divide', net.art, Echelon, cryptography, e-tail,
      hacktivism, consciousness, history of technology, pollution, virtual
      reality, information warfare, electromagnetic architecture, etcetera, in one
      empirical model.
      my hope is to become a critical repository for information on electricity,
      and its economic, social, & political impact.
      [i need to state that my effort is non-profit in nature].
      i look forward to collaborating with you...
      bc

      T H E A R C H I T E C T U R E O F E L E C T R I C I T Y

      launching 12/31/99 - 01/01/00 PST

      http://www.architexturez.com/ae/
      <http://www.architexturez.com/ae/>

      b r i a n t h o m a s c a r r o l l

      independent architectural researcher

      * AE T H E S I S O V E R V I E W --

      An ARCHITECTURAL thesis examining ELECTRICITY...
      the ways it exists in the WORLD... its EPOCHAL evolution...
      its formation in the ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE of POWER,
      MEDIA, and TECHNOLOGY... defining new experiences of SPACE
      and TIME, AESTHETICS, and CULTURE- a new ELECTRICAL ORDER...
      juxtaposed with the ARCHITECTURAL ORDER of TRADITION,
      revealing an ARCHITECTURE OF ELECTRICITY. (AE)

      <mailto:LISTSERV@...> . <<<<<<