Iraq Archaeology

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2007
      Remember the deck of playing cards distributed to troops in Iraq showing
      the most-wanted?

      Now the Department of Defense is sending 40,000 decks of new playing
      cards to the troops - this time focussing on archaeological sites. This
      has been reported in a few news sources through the week, but the link
      below takes you to a photo of each card.

      http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/06/ap_playingcards_070618/

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2007
        Better late than never!

        Well, I'm shocked they thought to do this. The training program for US pilots is even better: "In another program, U.S. pilots have received training in recognizing and identifying ruins, cemeteries and other sites so they do not accidentally bomb them." I wonder who got this going?

        Deborah

        Deborah J. Shepherd, Ph.D.
        Anthropology
        Anoka-Ramsey Community College
        Coon Rapids Campus
        email: deborah.shepherd@...
        http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/shepherd/
        new phone number: 763-433-1195

        >>> bmuckle@... 6/22/2007 10:27 AM >>>

        Remember the deck of playing cards distributed to troops in Iraq showing
        the most-wanted?

        Now the Department of Defense is sending 40,000 decks of new playing
        cards to the troops - this time focussing on archaeological sites. This
        has been reported in a few news sources through the week, but the link
        below takes you to a photo of each card.

        http://www.navytimes.com/news/2007/06/ap_playingcards_070618/

      • kent morris

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 26, 2007
            Members,

            You can now access our complete By-Laws at this direct link:
            http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/By-Laws-complete.pdf

            I've set up a link from the right-hand side of our home page, too.

            This is a 1.1 MB file, so give it time if you have a dial-up connection.

            Deborah Shepherd
            (webmaster)