Stonehenge Information

  • Jennifer S. Higgins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2000
      Dear List Readers:

      I am a high school teacher who 'lurks' on these lists.

      This summer I will be taking a group of my students to London and one of the highlights of this trip will be a side trip to Stonehenge. I am in the process of gathering materials to give to my students so that they can read about what they'll be seeing before they are actually seeing it. Should anyone know of reliable Stonehenge information (no UFO's; no Atlantis; etc.) I can pass on to my students, I'd really appreciate an e-mailing about it. In particular I'm looking for articles a high school teacher can get hold of (Archaeology, National Geographic, Natural History) or websites. As this will probably not be of any interest to anyone else on the lists, you should probably just send the information directly to me as opposed to clogging the lists.

      Thanks in advance for the help.

      Matthew Higgins
      peachee@...

      [This message contained attachments]
    • Ann Kaupp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2000
        Stonehenge. You might also check the Smithsonian libraries website:
        http://www.sil.si.edu/Branches/anth-hp.htm.:

        Hawkins, Gerald. STONEHENGE DECODED. Doubleday, 1965.

        Stevens, Frank. STONEHENGE, TODAY AND YESTERDAY. With
        illustrations by Heywood Summer. London: Eyre and Spottiswoode Ltd.,
        1936.

        STONEHENGE AND ITS ENVIRONS. Royal Commission on Historical
        Monuments in England. Edinburgh: University Press, 1979.

        Stover, Leon E. and Bruce Kraig, STONEHENGE: THE INDO-EUROPEAN HERITAGE.
        Chicago: Nelson Hall, 1978.

        From: "Jennifer S. Higgins" <peachee@...>

        Dear List Readers:

[...]

        Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.ccanthro.org for meeting