RE: [SACC-L] Something fun from "The Onion"

  • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
      Interesting. He must be some kind of "medium" to attract so many
      "otherworld" messages. (Smile.)

      Ellen Johnson

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
        Guess I better explain "The Onion." Here's the scoop from Wikipedia.

        The Onion is a parody <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody> newspaper
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspaper> published weekly in print and
        online. It features satirical <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire>
        articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as
        an entertainment newspaper and website known as The A.V. Club
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A.V._Club> . It claims a national
        print circulation of 599,000 and says 67 percent of its Web site viewers
        are between 18 and 44 years old.[1]
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion#_note-Area_Readers_Get_The_Joke#
        _note-Area_Readers_Get_The_Joke>

        The Onion's articles comment on current events, both real and imagined.
        It parodies traditional newspaper features, such as editorials
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editorial> , man-on-the-street interviews,
        and stock quotes, as well as traditional newspaper layout and AP
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_press> -style editorial voice.

        A second part of the newspaper is a non-satirical entertainment section
        called The A.V. Club that features interviews and reviews of various
        newly-released media, and other weekly features. The print edition also
        contains previews of upcoming live entertainment specific to cities
        where a print edition is published. The online incarnation of The A.V.
        Club has its own domain, includes its own regular features (including
        the syndicated weekly sex advice column Savage Love
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Love> ), A.V. Club blogs and reader
        forums, and presents itself as a separate entity from The Onion itself.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2007
          Nah, I know exactly what he means.
          It's worse when they are really old undead - you have to help them, they
          can't get around, their teeth fall out, and the coughing when they shriek!
          It's enough to wake the...oh, wait...
          Mike Pavlik
          http://www.aol.com

        • Linda Light