Something fun from "The Onion"

  • Dianne Chidester
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 7:55 AM
      I'm sure this is what some people think we do!

      http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38680

      Dianne Lynn Chidester

      Anthropology & Sociology

      Greenville Technical College

      508 S. Pleasantburg Dr.

      Greenville, SC 29607

      864-250-8729

      This electronic mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This mail message has been scanned for virus and malware and is free of such to the best of this sending sites ability and knowledge.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2 9:14 AM
        Okay, I'll bite. 1) He's a serious archaeologist with a vivid
        imagination who was having an after-hours drink with journalist and
        thought he was talking "off the record." Or, 2) he's a schizophrenic
        who does his job well but occasionally goes off his meds (like after-
        hours while having a drink with a journalist....). Or, 3) he's just
        jerking people's chains and enjoying every minute of it.

        But you're right, Dianne. I expect many people think of us that way
        and I'm all for maintaining the myth. If I had that good an
        imagination, I'd write anthropological mystery novels.

        On Mar 2, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Dianne Chidester wrote:

        > I'm sure this is what some people think we do!
        >
        > http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38680
        >
        > Dianne Lynn Chidester
        >
        > Anthropology & Sociology
        >
        > Greenville Technical College
        >
        > 508 S. Pleasantburg Dr.
        >
        > Greenville, SC 29607
        >
        > 864-250-8729
        >
        > This electronic mail message is for the sole use of the intended
        > recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
        > information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
        > please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
        > the original message. This mail message has been scanned for virus
        > and malware and is free of such to the best of this sending sites
        > ability and knowledge.

      • Johnson, Ellen C. K.
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2 9:22 AM
          Interesting. He must be some kind of "medium" to attract so many
          "otherworld" messages. (Smile.)

          Ellen Johnson

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2 9:57 AM
            Guess I better explain "The Onion." Here's the scoop from Wikipedia.

            The Onion is a parody <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody> newspaper
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspaper> published weekly in print and
            online. It features satirical <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire>
            articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as
            an entertainment newspaper and website known as The A.V. Club
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A.V._Club> . It claims a national
            print circulation of 599,000 and says 67 percent of its Web site viewers
            are between 18 and 44 years old.[1]
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion#_note-Area_Readers_Get_The_Joke#
            _note-Area_Readers_Get_The_Joke>

            The Onion's articles comment on current events, both real and imagined.
            It parodies traditional newspaper features, such as editorials
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editorial> , man-on-the-street interviews,
            and stock quotes, as well as traditional newspaper layout and AP
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_press> -style editorial voice.

            A second part of the newspaper is a non-satirical entertainment section
            called The A.V. Club that features interviews and reviews of various
            newly-released media, and other weekly features. The print edition also
            contains previews of upcoming live entertainment specific to cities
            where a print edition is published. The online incarnation of The A.V.
            Club has its own domain, includes its own regular features (including
            the syndicated weekly sex advice column Savage Love
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Love> ), A.V. Club blogs and reader
            forums, and presents itself as a separate entity from The Onion itself.

          • anthropmor@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2 6:22 PM
              Nah, I know exactly what he means.
              It's worse when they are really old undead - you have to help them, they
              can't get around, their teeth fall out, and the coughing when they shriek!
              It's enough to wake the...oh, wait...
              Mike Pavlik
              http://www.aol.com

            • Linda Light