RE: [SACC-L] Fwd: 2008 Meeting - IMPORTANT

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
      Providence has numerous hotels (and more being built by the minute!), Amtrak comes into the center of the city from hubs to the south, up into New England and West to Buffalo, N.Y.; the airport is about 8 minutes away from the city and is easy to get to. At the same time, we are surrounded by universities, colleges and community colleges throughout the northeast and the mid-atlantic (many of which are under-represented at our national meetings). I don't know how seriously we might consider some place outside of DC at this point (since the discussion was more about whether to have the meeting in tandem with the annual AAA meeting), but if there is any consideration of such alternatives, I'd highly recommend Providence.

      Brian