Re: [SACC-L] Fwd: 2008 Meeting - IMPORTANT

  • Tbbyrnehom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
      Hello to all SACCers, A few days ago Providence RI was mentioned as a
      possibility venue for the yearly meeting. My wife, until a few years ago, lived
      there for several years and highly recommends the area for great restrurants.
      I know that is very important for a good meeting. Bill Byrne, Happily
      retired

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
        Yes, Rhode Island is the home of American relativity, separation of
        church and state, and everything that is good and needs resurgence in
        this country! Besides good food (certainly important) do we have easy
        transport, lodging and sites to explore?

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
          I would like to attend a meeting in Rhode Island as well. Brown Univ.
          and the Haffenreffer Museum of Anthropology are in Providence.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
            Providence has numerous hotels (and more being built by the minute!), Amtrak comes into the center of the city from hubs to the south, up into New England and West to Buffalo, N.Y.; the airport is about 8 minutes away from the city and is easy to get to. At the same time, we are surrounded by universities, colleges and community colleges throughout the northeast and the mid-atlantic (many of which are under-represented at our national meetings). I don't know how seriously we might consider some place outside of DC at this point (since the discussion was more about whether to have the meeting in tandem with the annual AAA meeting), but if there is any consideration of such alternatives, I'd highly recommend Providence.

            Brian

            ________________________________

            Hello to all SACCers, A few days ago Providence RI was mentioned as a
            possibility venue for the yearly meeting. My wife, until a few years
            ago, lived
            there for several years and highly recommends the area for great
            restrurants.
            I know that is very important for a good meeting. Bill Byrne, Happily
            retired

            NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown in the headers. The real sender of this message is: sentto-126016-3735-1169155096-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...

            If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would need to add sentto-126016-3735-1169155096-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@... to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see the Anti-Spam FAQ item: http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender
          • Lynch, Brian M
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
              The Pequot Museum is about 40 minutes from the city; the State Archaeologist for Connecticut is about 50 miles away, the whole community college systems of CT, RI, MA, ME, NH, VT fall in the region.... (just to fill in some of the further details!)

              From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>

              NOTE: The sender of this email is different from the email address shown in the headers. The real sender of this message is: sentto-126016-3736-1169156504-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@...

              If you want to permanently block the sender of this email, you would need to add sentto-126016-3736-1169156504-blynch=qvcc.commnet.edu@... to your Anti-Spam Blocked Senders List. For more information see the Anti-Spam FAQ item: http://www.commnet.edu/it/security/anti-spam-faq.asp#BlockRealSender