Re: [SACC-L] Contributions to SACC Website NEEDED

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2007
      Hello, from your webmaster.

      I want to second everything that Ann has said. We do need more contributions to make our website a success. I also want to say that you are welcome to improvise. For example, if you are hesitant about offering syllabi, you can write a statement such as I am using: "If you are an instructor and interested in sharing syllabi, please email me." In other words, you don't have to fit yourself into a strict format.

      Best,
      Deborah

      >>> kauppa@... 1/10/2007 9:17 AM >>>

      Dear SACC Member,

      Have you seen the SACC website lately?
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/

      Deborah Shepherd has done a terrific job and we are extremely grateful.

      However, the website still has a ways to go. Right now we look like a
      very small organization because we only have a few entries in the
      PROFILES and PUBLICATIONS sections. I just got over my shyness and you
      can too. Your contributions will not require much time on your part!
      You needn't write sentences, such list your courses.

      If you look at the profile section
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/members.htm you can see that the
      entries have varied. For your profile, we need your name, affiliation,
      address, email, and telephone number; and classes you teach. If you wish
      to make your syllabus available, mention that it can be obtained upon
      request. If you are engaged in research projects, please add that info.
      You are also welcome to send a photo of yourself.

      You can announce your student field projects in the Student Fieldwork
      Opportunities section
      http://webs.anokaramsey.edu/sacc/StudentOpportunities.htm

      Deborah has offered to include on our website academic papers written by
      SACC members, as long as there is no copyright infringement. She also
      welcomes non-copyright photos that accompany your text. This offers an
      opportunity for knowledge sharing as well as encouraging more visits to
      our website. Please make sure that we have your profile when submitting
      a paper.

      PLEASE take a few moments from your busy schedule to contribute to your
      organization's website. Give yourself a deadline, say January 16, to get
      your entry to us. Again, my email is kauppa@... Thanks to those of
      you who have already submitted Ann

      P. Ann Kaupp, Head

      Anthropology Outreach Office