Re: [SACC-L] FW: Request for advice

  • Linda Light
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
      Rosamond,
      I don't know exactly where in Southern California you are, but the CC instructors in the area sponsor a meeting every January on MLK weekend, this coming weekend, to be exact. It will be held in Paso Robles on Friday evening and all day Saturday. If you are interested and able to attend (and haven't heard about it before this), let me know and I'll send you the info. It's quite informal but extremely useful for people who want to focus on the teaching of anthropology. I would have let you know about this earlier, but I just found out last week, then was out of town for the next 4 days, so I am just registering for it now.
      Linda Light

      "Lewine, Mark" <mark.lewine@...> wrote:

      Rosamond, let me suggest that you begin connecting to this wonderful network of teaching anthropologists at community colleges that has become a national department for us. We are most often the only anthropologist in a social science division at our community colleges, except for places like our founder, DuPage in Chicago. I will take the liberty of introducing you by sending out your moving note to me (and overgenerous, my only special talent is finding ways to express what we all do to the media and public). You will undoubtedly receive many helpful suggestions from our large California contingent, including invitation to their next gathering, I expect...