My apologies!!!

  • Melvin Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Dear SACCers--I must apologize for what is surely the greatest amount of neglect that I
      have done during my tenure as your treasurer. Things have truely been awful that past
      2 months, and this may continue for some time, I do not know. I do not want to bore
      you with details and since there is nothing that anyone can do about the situation, it
      would be a waste of time and energy. I have been clearing off the stacks of paper on
      my desk and also my emails. I recently received our financial report from AAA through
      November 2006. Fiscally we are okay, membership wise we need to do, we have dropped 10
      active members and this has put us below 250. I would implore all of you to work to
      increase our AAA membership and also subscribers to the SACC NOTES. In addition, I
      would also like to encourage you to consider a sustaining membership. The dues are
      $40, which is $15 more than our current membership. Eventho we have had stable dues,
      this additional support would potentially allow us to be stronger and have the funds
      necessary to support our programs. Again thank you for all of your patience and
      hopefully things will resolve themselves here in a positive. Be assured that there is
      nothing wrong between Leatha and myself. She continues to be my rock and the greatest
      source of strength for our family. She is the one calming spirit in all of this
      turmoil. Thanks again. Mel Johnson