Fwd: Publishing opportunities with Anthropology News

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
      Dear SACC Colleagues,

      I'm forwarding to you information and deadlines for publishing
      opportunities with Anthropology News. If you would like to write
      about any of these topics, you are invited to submit your
      contributions to AN Managing Editor Stacy Lathrop by the appropriate
      deadlines.

      Lloyd

      Begin forwarded message:

    • Melvin Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        Dear SACCers--I must apologize for what is surely the greatest amount of neglect that I
        have done during my tenure as your treasurer. Things have truely been awful that past
        2 months, and this may continue for some time, I do not know. I do not want to bore
        you with details and since there is nothing that anyone can do about the situation, it
        would be a waste of time and energy. I have been clearing off the stacks of paper on
        my desk and also my emails. I recently received our financial report from AAA through
        November 2006. Fiscally we are okay, membership wise we need to do, we have dropped 10
        active members and this has put us below 250. I would implore all of you to work to
        increase our AAA membership and also subscribers to the SACC NOTES. In addition, I
        would also like to encourage you to consider a sustaining membership. The dues are
        $40, which is $15 more than our current membership. Eventho we have had stable dues,
        this additional support would potentially allow us to be stronger and have the funds
        necessary to support our programs. Again thank you for all of your patience and
        hopefully things will resolve themselves here in a positive. Be assured that there is
        nothing wrong between Leatha and myself. She continues to be my rock and the greatest
        source of strength for our family. She is the one calming spirit in all of this
        turmoil. Thanks again. Mel Johnson