Re: [SACC-L] next Southern California SACC potluck

  • Linda Light
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 6, 2006
      Kent, I think the earlier the better.
      Linda

      Kent Morris <km@...> wrote:
      Linda--in your opinion, which of those dates would attract most people's attention?
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2006
        Mark--we couldn't have gotten this off the ground without your
        encouragement...thanks for everything!!!...Kent

        --- In SACC-L@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Lewine" <mlewine@...> wrote:

        > At first this message just made me jealous because you have so
        many community colleges and anth profs that you can have a real
        local regional network with my favorite method of 'meeting'=
        potlucks. Other than sharing an archaeological dig with a group
        playing together in the dig 'sandbox', sharing food at a potluck
        seems the ideal way to get a SACC network going. Congrats to Kent
        and Diane...it makes me want to bring back my Ohio Anthrolink,
        where we shared food and a presentation from one of us on our latest
        work. In our area, we had to include all anthro's to get a critical
        mass of folks, though. We did have a newsletter, however, once we
        got it up and running, and that helped keep the core of regulars
        going. Now it would be easier to do the newsletter as it could be
        done online obviously.

      • Monica Bellas
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 9, 2006
          Kent --
          I'm glad to see that Linda volunteered for the next potluck...I live in
          Murrieta (on the border between Riverside/San Diego counties -- exactly 70
          miles from Cerritos College) so my place is definitely NOT centrally
          located. But I am looking forward to the potluck and will do my best to
          come.
          Thanks for getting this going,
          Monica
          Cerritos College
          Norwalk, CA

          "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
          body,
          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...
          "HOLY SHIT...WHAT A RIDE!"

        • Kent Morris
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 10, 2006
            Monica--Fantastic!!! Looking forward to meeting you in person...Kent

            http://www.eset.com